new project?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Well, if it comes to putting a turbo on your gas engine, or buying a new diesel engine with a turbo, the decision would be pretty easy for me.... Does the diesel engine really come with the turbo? Oh, and superchargers own turbochargers all day.

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
lol lets all discus this all in the i want boost lol this one is about if i should get that engine or not haha

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
i wouldnt go diesel. They make a shitload of power, but iirc, the 6.5s werent very reliable. could be wrong tho. what tranny you plan on runnin with it?

flatsearcher41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have the option of picking up this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBYOOW

for 3G's but idk i really want my turbo kit

but the 6.5 DIESEL. i talked to the guy and he said it comes with engine mounts for my truck. would that be a smart swap

in the long run you'll save money in fuel. betther mpg. also with diesel there is so much potential its crazy i would go with the diesel.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Do it! Have a unique tahoe. You'll be happy in the long run but you WILL run into some trouble I'm sure swapping the diesel engine into a petrol made truck, but even in my engine bay not sure if everyone elses says this its a 98' 2 Door LT 4x4, it says on the right hand side something along the lines of prepped for a 6.5L Diesel and as weird as it sounds I think my truck use to be a diesel at one point. I've only owned it 2 years.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Now I wanna do it... DO IT!

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

I want to get a chevy LMM the one with 365HP 660 lb·ft torque and put that in muh tahoe haha. I wonder if it would fit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot