New owner of a '04 Z71 - putting in a new deck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozzy3313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just barely got the truck and the first thing we did was look for a double din deck to replace that ugly stock stereo with the worn off buttons and nobs. (Looks horrible!) We found a good deal today at Best Buy on a JVC touch screen DVD. They told us that we'd need to get a harness which they said was $110. Our truck does have the Bose sound and OnStar. They wanted $120 for the install and of course $20 for the mounting kit. I'd imagine I can get this stuff for cheaper. Any ideas where? I'd also like to keep the steering wheel controls. This is a separate adapter right? I'd like to just do it myself if I could. Any how to's anywhere? Thanks in advance. This is a great forum.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look the pieces up on Amazon/eBay/etc., those prices are about correct. The only thing you could really save is the $120 in labor. Steering wheel controls are about $40 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts