New owner of 2014 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking in red for sure. Yeah finding one at a good deal is hard to do. XL are always found at 180k here in my area still asking 18k.

OP
OP
D

derfman00

Reaction score
I thought mine would need switching over too after we moved. Turns out we just had to follow a different set of procedures to get the garage door programmed; it has no dip switches. Couldn't tell you how, I turned it over to my kids in frustration! LOL

Do each of your buttons have a light on them or is there only a light in the center?

There is a separate set of instructions for the homelink system to program gate clickers and Canadian garage doors.

Reaction score
The biggest for me is that homelink can be programmed to gates. For some reason, GM switched to learcar2u module and it can only learn dip switch openers
When did they switch?

My 2012 has two of the buttons programmed to my two old dip switch garage doors and one programmed to my parents newer garage door that has a "learn" button on it.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
D

derfman00

Reaction score
Could just be me, but I've tried every way to get my gate clicker programmed in the system. For now, we just put some Velcro on it and stuck it in the little cubby next to the headlight switch. Not a big enough deal. We park in the driveway, so we don't carry garage door openers in the vehicles.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Have a new to us 2014 Yukon Denali, crystal red. Super clean 68k miles. Garage kept.

Ordered the factory chrome replacement grill. Got a great deal on eBay for $200 shipped. My wife is probably one of the only people who doesn't like the Denali grill. Ordered the blank insert to replace the bottom chrome grill. Debating on painting that red to match the Crystal Red...

Ordered the black leather heated steering wheel from the Tahoe. She can't get used to the wood trim ring. It hits her wedding ring in just the wrong way. Hopefully it is still available. I checked a few days ago and found a shop with a few in stock.

Ordered the storage bin with cup holders to replace the flip up. My wife's a teacher, she needs that bin. Also ordered the center console organizer tray.

Next up:

replace the crappy garage door opener with the homelink unit

Replace tail lights with 2015+ style lights

Tune from Black Bear

I'm having fun digging through the forums. Obviously 5 years after production, activity winds down. Hopefully we'll catch a second wave of owners. I'll post more pics when updates are done

AY4CDx3w9Y2GmDRt7
KhMfySvr3irdcZuV8
S4ghmtF21GgbSLGi7

You can add us to your wife's taste in grill's, we think it makes the our denali look like Mr Magoos car from the cartoon! You say ordered the "factory replacement chrome grill" is that the silverado with the lateral bars or a duplicate of what you have? please post a pic of the new grill. Beautiful find with the low miles!

OP
OP
D

derfman00

Reaction score
You can add us to your wife's taste in grill's, we think it makes the our denali look like Mr Magoos car from the cartoon! You say ordered the "factory replacement chrome grill" is that the silverado with the lateral bars or a duplicate of what you have? please post a pic of the new grill. Beautiful find with the low miles!

This was the chrome upgrade for the non-Denali Yukons. I also had to buy the lower black piece to replace the bumper grill.

I got it here

I offered $180 ($200 shipped) and they accepted.

Screenshot_20190523-085038_eBay.jpg

OP
OP
D

derfman00

Reaction score
@thompsonwb

Also was going to go this route
Screenshot_20190523-090000_eBay.jpg
Plus
Screenshot_20190523-090753_Amazon Shopping.jpg
To equal

Resized_Screenshot_20190516-124615_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

My wife decided she liked the last one the best, but I had already ordered the other one (she originally said she liked the other one better )

If we ever lift it, I'll do the "tougher" looking one.