New (Old) Tahoe Owner from Georgia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pflan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, this is my first post of here and I will be following several threads to begin with in regards to tires, exhaust, performance options.. but I will be keeping my Tahoe FAIRLY stock.

I'm 25 and live in Georgia - have wanted a square body Tahoe since I was kid - my Uncle (may he rest in peace) had a beautiful 2-door model when I was younger. I was only 10 years old when he passed, so my parents sold the Tahoe and I never saw it again. I've been wanting one since that day.

Well, this week I finally got one.

It is a 1995 Tahoe LT 4x4 in Green - an older gentleman traded it into our local Toyota dealership. He was the original owner and said he only drove it to pull his boat to and from the lake.

It has 33,000 original miles on it and is in beautiful condition. It drives, runs, and shifts like a new vehicle.. the motor, transfer case, radiator, everything looks nearly new. The leather inside is nearly perfect, with some minor cracking and a 1-inch rip in the driver seat. The original owner kept plastic covering the entire carpet, so the carpet looks brand new.

Needless to say, I am pretty pumped! Looking to get some bigger (not huge) A/T tires, a decent sounding but not super loud exhaust system, new head unit & speakers, and most likely going to remove the front grille guard and bug deflector.

Tahoe.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice score!

:welcome:

OP
OP
pflan

pflan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dangit - accidentally posted this in the 2000-2006 General Discussion - can someone move it or tell me how to move it to the 90s one?

Edit: Thanks to whoever moved it!

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score on a low mileage OBS. Should be a fun ride to do a few things too. Enjoy!!

OP
OP
pflan

pflan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice score on a low mileage OBS. Should be a fun ride to do a few things too. Enjoy!!

Thank you! It has been a pleasure to drive so far - going from a 2013 Honda Civic Si, I still prefer driving the 95 Tahoe.. Love it!

OP
OP
pflan

pflan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks fellas! Took the brush guard and bug deflector off last night, so I'll have to get some updated pictures - cleans up the front end a lot to me.. although the bug deflector left a couple of small paint chips and the paint that was under it needs a buffing. I'll have to get that handled soon as well.

In the meantime, I now have a like new brush guard for sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny

Latest posts