New Member + Bought 2019 Yukon SLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NT Automotive

NT Automotive

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that. The occasional stumble at idle is the nature of the beast with these. Both of my 6.2's have always done it and my 5.3 did it before them.

And if you're not hearing the knock at idle, I question that it's a lifter at all. Could well be something else entirely. Lifters usually always make noise at idle if at all. One thing that is very common with these engines is piston slap when the engine isn't yet warmed up, under acceleration.
Okay. Thank You. If the tick under throttle and slight shudder are both normal then so be it. But it should be built better if that's the case (I know I know wish in one hand, crap in the other hand and see which one comes true first). If it is normal and zero issues found then possibly running better fuel, new air filter, clean fuel injectors and service trans + rear end will all help a little bit. We will know more this week

OP
OP
NT Automotive

NT Automotive

Reaction score
2/1/23 Updates:

1. Dropped off at my local dealer at 8am today. No call back until 4:55 pm. So it goes

2. Dealer said no codes thrown under scan tool. I'm actually relieved to hear this. However, the tech that drove it claimed no ticking noise and no shudder when stopped at a light. I just said I wouldn't bring it in if no noise/shudder. Service writer agreed with me.

3. Next step shop foreman and manager going to take it for a joy ride in the morning and let me know on tick/shudder. If they say its fine I won't worry about it anymore. If they say something is wrong need to pull the engine apart etc...no way. Ill take my chances with another 23 months of powertrain warranty on tap. Runs good and Ill bypass sounds/shuds.

4. Regardless, planning a slew of other basic services i.e. trans, coolant, power steering, lube chassis, fuel injector clean etc. which I can only hope will help preserve this beautiful big beast. I miss it already. So does the fam.

I will provide another update tomorrow guys.

Ps-just wanted to note my local tire shop was trying to upsell everyone when I got new tires yesterday and my dealer did same today. One guy got hit with a 4K bill and almost fell over at GMC customer lounge. Tough times. Stay lean folks

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One guy got hit with a 4K bill and almost fell over at GMC customer lounge. Tough times. Stay lean folks
Thanks for the updates and fingers crossed. And this right here ^^^ is why I never let a shop work on any of my vehicles without a written estimate.

OP
OP
NT Automotive

NT Automotive

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates and fingers crossed. And this right here ^^^ is why I never let a shop work on any of my vehicles without a written estimate.
Amen. I actually just changed plans for same reasons. Here's why and what I'm doing now instead.

WHY:
Since the tech yesterday said no issues on his test drive AND no trouble codes when scanned I am skipping the second test drive by shop foreman + service manager. I did this because they are either going to say "everything is fine" which is cool with me OR "something is wrong but not sure what so we have to crack it open on your dime and if its a part not covered under warranty you are SOL etc etc". No way. Plus then their preventative speculation is on record which could jepordize my powertrain warranty later if it craps out before coverage expires. Nope

WHAT NEXT:
Dealer I bought from did many basic services like change oil, new battery etc. Plus I added new tires. Brakes and suspension good too. So im having dealer service trans, coolant, power steer, rear diff, lube chassis, fuel injector clean and few other small items. Easy stuff.

I figure after that it will be in good shape for awhile if regularly maintained. Next trip will add new pads rotors and brake flush. 3-5 years replace suspension. Good to go

I want it back in my garage pronto :)

Will provide another update after I get it back OR if any surprises arise..

OP
OP
NT Automotive

NT Automotive

Reaction score
2/2/23 Updates:

1. Service manager test drove our 2019 SLE just to be on the safe side and said it's "perfectly fine/smooth as pie". Praise God. So between everyone driving it + clean engine scan not going to worry about it. However, I guess the ticking sound + the tiny intermittent shudder when stopped at a light are both normal. So it goes. Now I know. Plus still have 2yr left on powertrain coverage so that helps in the event anything was missed.

2. Getting everything else checked just for safe measure like motor mounts. Plus the other service items mentioned in my previous post. Should have it back tomorrow. Then get tint and detail it myself next week + add couple other goodies. Will create a new thread with pics once the Road Warrior is all ready to go in 1-2 weeks. Can't wait!

3. Also turning my Onstar back on. Can anyone please confirm what Onstar services are still available on 2019 models after all 3G GPS services shut down in 2021-2022 AND will onboard navigation work again (currently just shows a compass when hit nav button on screen)?

OP
OP
NT Automotive

NT Automotive

Reaction score
2/3/23 Updates:

1. Got er back home safe

2. Overall vehicle running much better. Idles at 500 vs 475ish. Shudders less. Happy yukon.

3. Final bill much less than anticipated. By a lot. No charge for the 200 diagnostic fee and more. Very happy first time customer. Jessup Chevy/GMC open since 1939. Took good care of me and my rig.

4. Heart attack time. Leaving dealership I gave steady throttle but not much happening, then jolted, then engine light pops on. Wtf? It doesn't get better. Light still on. I bust a U back to Jessup. My advisor confused im back. We hop in to take another drive. I deduced and said it must of been new trans and/or rear end fluid not fully disbursed throughout the guts of tranny and/or rear end. Low and behold no lights on, shifted perfect, runs even better. So we concluded the latter on fluids and called it a day.

5. Glad its home. Whats next. Accessories. Not many. Tint tuesday (35% front and clear in back both have added sun UV protection layer built in so good). License plate covers. Throttle controller we will offer here later this month. Cargo mat. Activate onstar. AFE Dry engine filter drop in. Maybe throttlebody spacer for even better torque and throttle response. Clear film for handles/sills/door edges. Front windshield sun shade. Wheel locks. Few other small things. Will keep everyone posted. Maybe in this same thread..

Big Thank You to EVERYONE that offered to help me, my rig, and my family biz in this thread. So very appreciated. You never know on used cars. We will be using our SLE for work along with daily family stuff. As a token of our appreciation, here is a view of ole glory + desert sunset this evening 73 degrees while enjoying well earned victory cocktail on the patio. Happy friday guys!
20230203_164954.jpg

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2/3/23 Updates:

1. Got er back home safe

2. Overall vehicle running much better. Idles at 500 vs 475ish. Shudders less. Happy yukon.

3. Final bill much less than anticipated. By a lot. No charge for the 200 diagnostic fee and more. Very happy first time customer. Jessup Chevy/GMC open since 1939. Took good care of me and my rig.

4. Heart attack time. Leaving dealership I gave steady throttle but not much happening, then jolted, then engine light pops on. Wtf? It doesn't get better. Light still on. I bust a U back to Jessup. My advisor confused im back. We hop in to take another drive. I deduced and said it must of been new trans and/or rear end fluid not fully disbursed throughout the guts of tranny and/or rear end. Low and behold no lights on, shifted perfect, runs even better. So we concluded the latter on fluids and called it a day.

5. Glad its home. Whats next. Accessories. Not many. Tint tuesday (35% front and clear in back both have added sun UV protection layer built in so good). License plate covers. Throttle controller we will offer here later this month. Cargo mat. Activate onstar. AFE Dry engine filter drop in. Maybe throttlebody spacer for even better torque and throttle response. Clear film for handles/sills/door edges. Front windshield sun shade. Wheel locks. Few other small things. Will keep everyone posted. Maybe in this same thread..

Big Thank You to EVERYONE that offered to help me, my rig, and my family biz in this thread. So very appreciated. You never know on used cars. We will be using our SLE for work along with daily family stuff. As a token of our appreciation, here is a view of ole glory + desert sunset this evening 73 degrees while enjoying well earned victory cocktail on the patio. Happy friday guys!
View attachment 391176
You could Venmo me the coins you’re going to throw out for the throttle body spacer and I will use it for something more worthwhile. It’s like a lot of stuff you use to see in jC Whitney catalog. I would have had 500 HP added and get 60 mpg if I had bought all of their snake oil.

As you were….

OP
OP
NT Automotive

NT Automotive

Reaction score
You could Venmo me the coins you’re going to throw out for the throttle body spacer and I will use it for something more worthwhile. It’s like a lot of stuff you use to see in jC Whitney catalog. I would have had 500 HP added and get 60 mpg if I had bought all of their snake oil.

As you were….
Haha. I'm still thinking over the TB spacer. Let me just say if I dont notice a difference in product, especially for the better, I dont buy or use it. Snake oil is a term overly used mainly by auto forum members these days.

My last experience with a TB spacer was about 23 years ago in my 5.9 V8 Durango. I was after NA power. I did everything else to it (chip, headers, custom exhaust, cai etc). I noticed actual improvements in both torque and throttle response with the spacer. Plus the whistle lol. No real Hp gains Ill admit. But the torque and response time were enough to keep it installed. Plus mpg slightly better too bc of improved airflow.

Im hoping for same results this time IF I do it, but if nothing Ill use it as a paperweight.

If you buy the cheap TBS yes they do almost nothing. Ill be the ginny pig and let everyone know if its a turd or helps. Just having modest fun with a V8 again.

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got er back and she’s running good! I’ve had several clients in the last couple years buy GM vehicles from Jessup and they’ve all been very happy with the dealer and the service department there!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. I'm still thinking over the TB spacer. Let me just say if I dont notice a difference in product, especially for the better, I dont buy or use it. Snake oil is a term overly used mainly by auto forum members these days.

My last experience with a TB spacer was about 23 years ago in my 5.9 V8 Durango. I was after NA power. I did everything else to it (chip, headers, custom exhaust, cai etc). I noticed actual improvements in both torque and throttle response with the spacer. Plus the whistle lol. No real Hp gains Ill admit. But the torque and response time were enough to keep it installed. Plus mpg slightly better too bc of improved airflow.

Im hoping for same results this time IF I do it, but if nothing Ill use it as a paperweight.

If you buy the cheap TBS yes they do almost nothing. Ill be the ginny pig and let everyone know if its a turd or helps. Just having modest fun with a V8 again.
I had a 2001 Durango SLT plus 4.7 V8 and 4x4 right before my Denali. I was thinking to get into some of those mods to umph up power a bit. Sold it before I could though and then just figured out how to do it to the Yukon ahha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts