New inside door handles installed today-07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will they replace them even if they are not peeling?

Hello,

This is a special coverage, which is pretty much an extended warranty for this issue. Not to say a dealership might not do this, but they are not authorized to do this. Here is some of the information that I have on this:

This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership or mileage. Dealers are to replace the front and/or rear chrome interior door handle levers if signs of peeling are present. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer. For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after July 16, 2010, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to July 16, 2010, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Hope this helps and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Geoff Allen
GM Customer Service

HoeHoeHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

This is a special coverage, which is pretty much an extended warranty for this issue. Not to say a dealership might not do this, but they are not authorized to do this. Here is some of the information that I have on this:

This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership or mileage. Dealers are to replace the front and/or rear chrome interior door handle levers if signs of peeling are present. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer. For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after July 16, 2010, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to July 16, 2010, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Hope this helps and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Geoff Allen
GM Customer Service

I just came across this and was wondering if replacement is still available, and if the car has more than 100,000 miles? The front door latchedlatches on my 2007 Tahoe are peeling badly and need replacement. I don't remember getting any bulletin, but it used to be my wife's and she wasn't the best at letting me know about things like this.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought new ones on eBay for $15 and replaced them myself. Took about 1hr for both doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truckn02