NEW IN GA 10" lifted 4th Gen Escalade, NBS Tahoe & bagged OBS dually!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

NICE rigs!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She needs some love, it WAS such a great road vehicle until I put the big wheels on it then it doesn't want to shift the same so it doesn't take anymore road trips. Im actually looking at doing the 2020 brake upgrade thats what lead me to this forum then its getting paint, then leather THEN motor attention. with over 220k I've had no issues with this truck other than an AC compressor but id like to remedy the shifting issues and get a lil more power out of her.

Sounds like you just need a tune to adjust for the new tire circumference. Re-gearing with lower gears (numerically higher) would be a big help. Just go up a step in the stock variants. If your stock rear gear is 3.08, go to 3.42. If 3.42, go to 3.73. But retuning for the tire circumference should be the fix for the shifting.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Interesting looking rig but I lean heavily toward the stock clean look as much a possible. I once got a crazy streak and added the Escalade rear smooth corner appliques, blackened and outlined rear badges and GMC truck wheels. Lots of members here like the lowered/liftedleveled look, so many will chime in with comments and questions.

View attachment 385014
Trust me, I have been called to the carpet here for doing something that was not STOCK!

After seeing @iamdub reaction, I seem to remember him reminding another member who that member was talking to when "custom" work was suggested on my Z71.

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, just created a profile I can't believe with all the googling I've done for my GMs I haven't found this site before.

We travel to shows and events all the time and I guess social media keeps me busy looking at trucks.

Ill probably be asking questions about my Tahoe the most but I also own a detail business if anyone has questions, and we travel the southeast for car and truck events. from 2021 til now we have gone to Orange beach invasion, battle in Bama, Music city showdown, Scrapin the Coast, Alanta truck invasion 2x, caffeine and octane in Atlanta several times and many other local and regional shows. We also attend SEMA every year but never with our vehicle, YET!

Cant wait to get some good info! Ive been slacking on this Tahoe and have boxes of parts so maybe this will motivate me!View attachment 384988
Welcome from Southern California and from another professional detailer! The rides look killer! Nice work on the upgrades and such!

OP
OP
Vince706

Vince706

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like you just need a tune to adjust for the new tire circumference. Re-gearing with lower gears (numerically higher) would be a big help. Just go up a step in the stock variants. If your stock rear gear is 3.08, go to 3.42. If 3.42, go to 3.73. But retuning for the tire circumference should be the fix for the shifting.
Yeah i was told I could have the transmission retuned to different shift points? Its only really a pain when I'm ar highway speed like 70 to 80 ot doesn't seem to know what gear it wants to be in. Here in Ga our highways are up and down hilly so it never finds a seeet spot to cruise. I have contemplated putting the 22" from our caddy on it if we take it on a road trip. 2" less wheel but much more tire height and less width. Thanks for the imput!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was told I could have the transmission retuned to different shift points? Its only really a pain when I'm ar highway speed like 70 to 80 ot doesn't seem to know what gear it wants to be in. Here in Ga our highways are up and down hilly so it never finds a seeet spot to cruise. I have contemplated putting the 22" from our caddy on it if we take it on a road trip. 2" less wheel but much more tire height and less width. Thanks for the imput!

Be careful! The factory shifting is soft, slow and confused enough as it is. Having something that makes it shift more often is gonna kill that trans sooner than it should be. Re-gearing to compensate for the larger circumference and at least re-tuning to program just for the new gear ratio and tire size would correct the speedometer and reduce the confusion in the transmission's shift points. Actually tuning the trans to speed up and firm up the shifts and reduce the slip would do wonders for drivability and trans life. The larger rolling stock is essentially like towing 100% of the time as far as the transmission is concerned. Inclines are really giving it hell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vince706

Vince706

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Be careful! The factory shifting is soft, slow and confused enough as it is. Having something that makes it shift more often is gonna kill that trans sooner than it should be. Re-gearing to compensate for the larger circumference and at least re-tuning to program it would correct the speedometer and reduce the confusion in the transmissions shift points. Actually tuning the trans to speed up and firm up the shifts and reduce the slip would do wonders for drivability and trans life. The larger rolling stock is essentially like towing 100% of the time as far as the transmission is concerned. Inclines are really giving it hell.
Thank you its inclines that kill me!

Now in the caddy it seems to drive just fine I don't notice any big lag for downshifts and it cruises at 90 on the interstate no problem and if for some reason I need to kick it down to pass it has no issues. Its a 2015 with the 6.2 and an 8 speed trans. The speedo is way off. The faster I get the more its off. Essentially 80mph on speedo is 90 in real life. People tell me to regear it but I've felt no need to. I still drive it like i stole it but the Tahoe I can't because all the response times are gone.

Thank you for the info and suggestions!

OP
OP
Vince706

Vince706

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting looking rig but I lean heavily toward the stock clean look as much a possible. I once got a crazy streak and added the Escalade rear smooth corner appliques, blackened and outlined rear badges and GMC truck wheels. Lots of members here like the lowered/liftedleveled look, so many will chime in with comments and questions.
I get it. And actually all the mods on my Tahoe are pretty stock. The wheels are just larger versions of a GM wheel. Kind of like you did going with a 17" newer model GM wheel. The Tahoe and LT emblems are from newer. The LED taillights make it brighter and have the 15-20 Yukon style. The Bowtie is a factory silverado option. The rear bumper is a factory Yukon Denali. The front grill and bumper also factory pieces from NBS vehicles. With upgraded LEDs. The roof rack and D pillars I have came from an NBS Escalade and I'll paint mine black so they'll blend in like my tahoe ones rather than keep the body color on them like Caddy had. I just prefer the smooth look better. The Cowl hood I have for it was not an NBS option but everyone seems to do the HD hood conversion and I dislike it. Since the cowl hood was pretty much invented by GM i talked myself into it being a "factory" upgrade lol. The whole truck will be a mitchmatch of factory GM parts. Next up is the 2020 silverado front brakes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094