New here. Michigan. 2009 Tahoe SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the party

- Sadly, the 09 was the last year with the 4L60, the 6L80 was not til the 2010 model year (with a 5.3)

- Calipers are the same, BUT different rotors and pads

OP
OP
Chris Z

Chris Z

Reaction score
Which capacities are you looking for? Fluids?

with all the extra coolers mine has, it still doesn’t seem to change the basic numbers listed in the manual and other places.

yes, wondering if I needed more fluids for the additional oil cooler. I imagined the larger radiator would take more coolant though for sure. I usually refer to the manual, just want to be safe!

OP
OP
Chris Z

Chris Z

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice PPV. They robbed you with your rims tho. They took your PPV'z and gave you some nbs Z71 rims. Same size tho.

Right! Well I’ll be rocking these with some new rubber through the winter. The whole transaction was a little weird with them not disclosing it was a service vehicle.

Just hoping there aren’t any hidden surprises, and counting my blessings that it has the 6L80..

OP
OP
Chris Z

Chris Z

Reaction score
Lola, my daily hoe, was a K-9 unit. Talk about dog hair everywhere! My two hounds spent an hour sniffing every inch.
Welcome aboard.

Thanks Sparks! Is yours a PPV or were the Kanine units the SSV? I was curious about that as I imagine k-9 would do rapid response and have the PPV package. Cheers

OP
OP
Chris Z

Chris Z

Reaction score
Welcome to the party

- Sadly, the 09 was the last year with the 4L60, the 6L80 was not til the 2010 model year (with a 5.3)

- Calipers are the same, BUT different rotors and pads

Actually because this is 4x4 SSV not the 2wd PPV it does have the 6L80. I decoded the vin just to be sure. The ‘09 2WD PPV would have to be RPO K5L to have the beefier rear end and 6L80.

Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the shifter has +/- buttons then you have a 6l80, if not then you don't, also the cluster will have PRNDM instead of PRND321
the oil cooler and trans cooler do not really add anything to the fluids levels maybe a pint
K5L is just enhanced cooling, 700w fans instead of 500w fans and about a 1/8" thicker radiator
G80 is GM's version of a beefier rear end which is ok for most people I have broken a couple, there are some other options @swathdiver knows the scooop

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris Z

Chris Z

Reaction score
if the shifter has +/- buttons then you have a 6l80, if not then you don't, also the cluster will have PRDM instead of PRD321
the oil cooler and trans cooler do not really add anything to the fluids levels maybe a pint
K5L is just enhanced cooling, 700w fans instead of 500w fans and about a 1/8" thicker radiator
G80 is GM's version of a beefier rear end which is ok for most people I have broken a couple, there are some other options @swathdiver knows the scooop

My RPO trans order code is MYC, M30 which indicates the 6L80.

also has the +,- and PRNDM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo