New head unit options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have an older pioneer premier HD and am looking at upgrading soon.

I really don't care what brand it is, but want the new unit to the whole area better. Something like the OEM unit did. The new unit MUST have an ipod port also, as it's the primary reason i'm upgrading.

Any advice.............

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
you want it to fill better? get a Double din. but that takes a little fab work. you wont find a 1.5 din..

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have an older pioneer premier HD and am looking at upgrading soon.

I really don't care what brand it is, but want the new unit to the whole area better. Something like the OEM unit did. The new unit MUST have an ipod port also, as it's the primary reason i'm upgrading.

Any advice.............

I have the Alpine CDA-9886 in mine. IPod and USB controls. Works great. Like Tahoegoboom said, good luck finding a 1.5 DIN.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
IMO, alpine is the way to go. most user friendly HU I've ever had. plus its still runnin strong 4 years later.

holt18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put kwnwood exceleon 514 and it kicks ass single din flip up it does everything

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pioneer used to make a 1.5 din radio, but now everything is pretty much double din.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19