New guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been a long time Hummer H2 owner and recently sold it in favor of a 2019 Yukon Graphite Edition with the 6.2L. I absolutely love it! Plans are to go with a Whipple blower, headers and exhaust and then big brake upgrade. I loved the Hummer's hydro boost but can't say I'm thrilled with teh Yukon conventional vacuum system.

I've been looking and can not get a handle on if a HD hood will fit the Yukon. Sorry if its been asked before but that's the only cosmetic change I would make. I can graft a HD skin on if needed but hopefully there's an easier route.

Tim

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon and please post pics.

There are some threads here about swapping in a hydro-boost system. I went from an 02 with vacuum brakes and my Z71 has Hydro-boost. Big difference, IMO.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Fond memories of AZ deserts in H2s and H3s

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Tim! Nice Yukon!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bet the HD hood would require a lot of grafting work.

unfortunately not many options for this gen. i have emailed multiple companies for my burb.
none were interested. 1 was looking into the esky, but they havent done anything yet.

you will however LUV a blower, LTs & exhaust ;)

i dont even have the LTs yet & mine is a hoot to drive

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Central Florida. Nice looking rig. Now let the modding begin. Should be fun.

OP
OP
THarber

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just added a Diablo I3 tuner. It makes a big difference. I'll drive it a week or so and then get it tweaked. I'm extremely happy with the truck so far.

Tim

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diablo is great because you can add a custom tune. I just swaped the 91+ diablo tune for the 87 tune. I increased the throttle to +14%, removed afm, and it actually runs better than the diablo with afm. I think throttle response and afm are the biggest factors in driveability with tuning. There is a mod that shims the gas pedal for even better response which I will try once my custom pedals come in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal