New Guy from Arizona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you replace out of need (had temp issues prior) or did you replace them just because? I can honestly say I had never seen nor heard of anyone mentioning them before.. and I never had seen them or messed with them.. I had an 02 sierra 1500 prior to the yukon (switched it up for the extra seating), my other 02 suburban (built for 1-3 people to ride in for camping.. no 3rd row seats) neither one has ever had issues like this.. and on both of them I have replaced various cooling system parts including the rad/water pump on the sierra.. After $600+ dollars in parts and 6 weeks of chasing my tail.. I was floored to learn about those things and to see how much of an impact they have.
I noticed a slight increase in temperatures and one had fallen down and another was about to. I was collecting information for overhauling the cooling system and replacing the front bumper cover when I learned of them.

Our grill opening seems smaller than the Suburban and the pickups. So I reckon they are especially critical.

What size tires are on the Yukon?

OP
OP
G

GO0BER

Reaction score
We have the 275/65R18 on there right now.. a full street tire (traveling 3k+ miles with a trailer made that call for me :) ) The previous owner definitely had something either a tad bigger and/or more aggressive.. You can see in the plastic fender liners where one was cut/tore off and the driver side is rubbing through. I have tossed the idea of a small lift and slightly taller tire with an AT for camping here in Az.. but I already have another suburban (granted SUPER limited seating) for that and I tend to camp where I can get in my pickup and then ride quads out from there.. so I probably won't go larger, but may end up with an AT for light trail exploring at some point.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it common for people NOT to stick around? I always assumed the point of looking in forums was to do one of two things.. Lurk and get information without interacting.. or to join and interact. Maybe I am a bit odd?

:wtf2:
A**holes and expert wannabes who like to bloviate nonsense don't hang around for very long, as this Forum is for serious folks and their trucks. Don't get me wrong, as we often good-naturedly kid around with each other, but we ALWAYS respect each other and our opinions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC