New Guy, Another Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

griffinzx10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, great site and i hope this hasnt been already asked.

Just bought a 2005 Yukon SLT, and the previous owner had put an aftermarket stereo in the truck.

I noticed that built into the center console the rear passengers have the ability to listen to the radio with a headset. But it isnt working now, i also assume that is due to the stock unit being removed and an aftermarket unit being installed. Also the controls for the stereo on the steering wheel also dont work, probably due to the same reason.

Question #1 is there a way to get this working again, with an aftermarket stereo in the truck?

Question #2 Also the AC controls in the center console for the rear passengers isnt working also, could this be the same reason? Something disconnected? Or how do i get that to work?

Thanks

mrtrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the steering wheel controls go....a "chime" device is what usually is needed to restore function to those controls.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a chime device for steering controls

you will need a pac swi module for whatever brand headunit you have

and i think the gmos-04 could get that audio in the back workin again but im not sure

the rear controls im not sure about something may just be disconnected, i will check mine and see if it still works bc i dont have any of the above adapters but i will be getting the one for the steering wheel

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
should be available, check on Crutchfield, it sometimes varies on what aftermarket HU you have too.

mrtrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a chime device for steering controls

you will need a pac swi module for whatever brand headunit you have

and i think the gmos-04 could get that audio in the back workin again but im not sure

the rear controls im not sure about something may just be disconnected, i will check mine and see if it still works bc i dont have any of the above adapters but i will be getting the one for the steering wheel

ahhhhhh.....guess I need to get my research up....
So it has nothing @ all to do with a chime???

OP
OP
G

griffinzx10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you all for the feedback, i will look into the suggestions made so far.

As for the AC controls in the back, a buddy of mine helped me, it seems you need to have the control over the mirror set to AUX for it to work in the back.... So that is/was a simple fix.

The stereo in the truck is a Pioneer DEH2000MP and when i searched for the manual, it said i could get the IPOD/IPHONE cable and plug it in, well today took the deck out, and there was no place to hook it up... BUMMER, so looks like i am gonna get a new deck.

OP
OP
G

griffinzx10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks all for the advice, i figured out what crutchfield was, ha haha, and been on their site, and looking around... Got some answers to what i was looking for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia