Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BessicaLoren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys - First time ever joining a forum although I’ve been reading others’ for years when I needed help. Decided I’d join now that I have a toy I want to mod!

I’m looking to upgrade the wheels but know little to nothing about what to do when shopping for tires. I have tons of stupid questions. I just know my goal is to have agressive, beefy tires that protrude from the sides maybe an inch or two. I will be keeping the stock suspension so rubbing is something I am cautious about. These will be mainly for the winter months as I got this big baby to commute in the Jersey weather. I named my new (2012) Tahoe LT pronounced “Lo-ren”, who has a few upgrades of the LTZ. Any help, tips, and favorite sites/brands will be greatly appreciated! I definitely need help with this one

Attachments

• B119A954-3444-4E96-8A28-0C195C08E61D.jpeg
    B119A954-3444-4E96-8A28-0C195C08E61D.jpeg
    626.1 KB · Views: 18

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from So. Indiana! Nice ride. Plenty of info on this forum to get you where you want “Lo-ren”.

Good luck!

Shannon

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - First time ever joining a forum although I’ve been reading others’ for years when I needed help. Decided I’d join now that I have a toy I want to mod!

I’m looking to upgrade the wheels but know little to nothing about what to do when shopping for tires. I have tons of stupid questions. I just know my goal is to have agressive, beefy tires that protrude from the sides maybe an inch or two. I will be keeping the stock suspension so rubbing is something I am cautious about. These will be mainly for the winter months as I got this big baby to commute in the Jersey weather. I named my new (2012) Tahoe LT pronounced “Lo-ren”, who has a few upgrades of the LTZ. Any help, tips, and favorite sites/brands will be greatly appreciated! I definitely need help with this one
Welcome! Wheels and tires like this:
179235801.jpg
This is my daughter's truck. It has mud-terrain tires but for snow you would be better off with BFGoodrich KO2s for snow. Is this the look, wheels and tires wise you are looking for?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You've got some fellow Jerseyites on this Forum. I spent 20 years in Jersey, at 142 West off the GSP.

OP
OP
BessicaLoren

BessicaLoren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! Wheels and tires like this:
View attachment 352157
This is my daughter's truck. It has mud-terrain tires but for snow you would be better off with BFGoodrich KO2s for snow. Is this the look, wheels and tires wise you are looking for?
That is one of my favorite trucks of all time. Certainly the wheel setup I am going for. Is this a stock suspension?! She looks tall.

OP
OP
BessicaLoren

BessicaLoren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You've got some fellow Jerseyites on this Forum. I spent 20 years in Jersey, at 142 West off the GSP.
GSP… bless you. I live on a farm far away from there lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout