New From GA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesl0822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking at buying a 2007 Yukon Denali XL from a private seller. I love these forums because everyone is so helpful and everyone knows experience is the best teacher, so I'll try to learn as much as I can from everyone else's experience!!
Any advice or common issues to look for?
Thanks in advance,
James

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum

1. I would Run a car fax just to be safe
2. test drive it , Apparently some people were having problems with the Stabilitrak on these trucks
3. check all fluids ESP trans make sure its Red and doesn't smell burnt
4. ask the Gentleman / Woman If they Kept a Service record for it
5. Ask them if any and all recalls were performed to the truck

thats about all i can contribute , I drive a OBS (old body style) Yukon but someone with the same platform will chime in shortly to better explain

OP
OP
J

jamesl0822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Donyukon...Thanks for the heads up. I have already run a carfax and plan on taking the vin to my buddy at the chevy place to have him pull the service history. I checked the trans fluid for burnt smell (I know that smell unfortunately) and I've crawled all up under it looking for leaks or signs of old leaks/damage.
I found a couple of small things ...headlight has a little water in it and the tires are wearing on the inside (camber off?)
I know the motor mount was replaced. Carfax has it as a local vehicle for its entire life but I pulled back the carpet anyway to see if there was old flooding or anything like that ....nothing.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are doing it...do it before the end of the month...

As I'm sure you heard, after March 2nd, used car transactions between individuals will be taxed. And the tax rate will be 6.5% of the ad valorem value (from the state tables - NOT what the transaction price is.)

Good luck.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz