New from Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I apologize, still trying to figure out this forum. Anywho, yes it is a scuff and spray can paint job. Definitely a 10 footer but it looks much better than it did when i got it. And at minimal cost!

Ok, I gotta ask now. How many cans? What color, grey or black? How many sheets of sand paper? How much help did you have? Now the important one, how does it do in other than sunny weather conditions? I would assume that whatever you see as a problem area, you just rattle can again and drive on.

OP
OP
alex s

alex s

Reaction score
Ok, I gotta ask now. How many cans? What color, grey or black? How many sheets of sand paper? How much help did you have? Now the important one, how does it do in other than sunny weather conditions? I would assume that whatever you see as a problem area, you just rattle can again and drive on.

I believe I used a total of about 14 cans, including painting the roof, and touching up a few runs. I didnt keep track of sandpaper but yes i went through quite a few pieces. The paint was just Rustoleum Professional Flat Black. The paint job is only about a year old but has not faded much, even in this Florida heat.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a scuff and spray can paint job. Definitely a 10 footer but it looks much better than it did when i got it. And at minimal cost!

Welcome from Miami Beach Alex! I would done the same if that was my Suburban. Nice job on your nice Suburban!

I see that paint job all the time in Miami. I saw a Maserati and a BMW 7 series a couple of weeks on the street in Miami Beach with that exact same paint job. That paint seems to hold up well in the burning Florida sun and constant daily monsoon rain. Now that I think about it have seen Suburban's and Tahoe's with it every so often. They all looked good to me.

OP
OP
alex s

alex s

Reaction score
Eventually I may spray it right, but for now it'll do. When i first got the truck, and had to replace the hubs, shocks, tie rods, gearbox, tires, water pump, fan.. So on and so on.. A paint job just wasn't in the picture anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts