new from eastern washington

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
hey guys been lurkin around for a little while about two months ago i picked up an 01 yukon slt with autoride :) i love this thing and cant wait for the snow to fly now that i dont have a car thats 3 inches off the ground. old car was a boosted civic hatch i had for a couple years but the yukon is much nicer to drive every day heres a few pics cant wait to pay this off in march or so and start modding:) this thing is bone stock not one mod so its a good start for me added the famous decal that i cut from some vinyl that is almost the same color as my truck and it also has a rebuilt tranny so i should be good as far as that goes

006-1.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :welcome: Looks like you've got a good vehicle to start modding with!

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
thanks guys i see a lot of you have removed your side moldings and mine are kinda not looking so good.. do you think with it being a 2001 i would have to worry about the paint being a different color under the molding due to the sun fading i dont really know the life of the vehicle but it seems well taken care of for having as many miles as it does. i think i might just take the very back ones off and that way if it is faded it wont be like the whole door length and maybe be less noticeable? any advice?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks guys i see a lot of you have removed your side moldings and mine are kinda not looking so good.. do you think with it being a 2001 i would have to worry about the paint being a different color under the molding due to the sun fading i dont really know the life of the vehicle but it seems well taken care of for having as many miles as it does. i think i might just take the very back ones off and that way if it is faded it wont be like the whole door length and maybe be less noticeable? any advice?
first off welcome man, nice ride!

Do the rear like you mentioned, and do a soft buffing compound on the whole tailgate, then wax. It should help get rid of the high and low spots on paint.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
first off welcome man, nice ride!

Do the rear like you mentioned, and do a soft buffing compound on the whole tailgate, then wax. It should help get rid of the high and low spots on paint.

so if it didnt fade in the rear spot it shouldnt have faded anywhere else right? i just like the clean look of no side moldings or maybe denali side moldings in the future but i dont wanna pull it off and have to paint it lol

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Mine is an 01 as well and I removed mine a couple of months back. I didn't have any fading really but I did have dirt etc embedded into the paint. A little buffing/wax and I was good to go. Based on what I can tell in the pics I doubt you will have any issue either. I would go with your plan to start in the rear and see how it goes.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
ya is it something that should be done in warm temps? cuz its been pretty cold right now around 30-40 and seems like that would increase the possibility of pullin off paint when i remove them

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe keep it inside over night, and use a heat gun, that warms them up reeeeeeeally nice. :)