new engine in a 1999 4x4 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2door2wheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently got my hands on a 1999 tahoe for a song because it needed a new engine. ive pulled the old one and i am swinging in the new one and i cant get in the truck. its almost like it doesnt fit. i cant get it far enough back to mount the engine mounts without hitting the flexplate on the trans, and i cant mount it to the trans because the engine mounts wont let me get low enough. soooo my question to you guys here is . is there a trick to getting this thing into the truck? am i doing something wrong? thank you in advance for your help
:emotions133::emotions122:

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Most likely you're going to need to tilt the engine back to get it to fit. I always use an engine leveler when installing motors so that I can tilt them back and forth easily

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropping the tranny and engine as a complete unit made it easier for me.

picture.php

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What Happy and chaingun427 said. When you pulled it you unbolted everything and jerked and pried and wiggled and pulled out as it all gave up the grip. Now the new engine will not go back in the same way unless you did a you tube of the way it came out and you can duplicate that exactly and hold your tongue just right.

:sunot:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510