New codes and drivetrain issues after getting stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no cigar

Reaction score
Hey guys about a week ago I got the truck stuck pretty deep in mud. After being pulled out and getting back home, the truck has started to do some weird things and have new issues.

1. P0102 MAF Voltage/Signal Low - Upon datalogging, it seems that the PCM is reading no output from the MAF. The voltage and HZ are both flatlined at 0

2. P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Malfunction - The truck had P1345 for a while and this was fixed. Now this code has popped up. The CKP Correlation reading when datalogging is -45 Degrees which seems absolutely crazy, almost like it's reading the maximum variance it can which would tell me that sensor is bad. I can't see how the truck would even run if there was a 45 degree variance in the crank/cam correlation.

3. Truck is now shifting VERY hard from 1-2 and wants to stumble very hard when cruising under power. On the highway while moving it feels like someone is rear-ending the truck. This would seem to correlate with a problem with the MAF.

4. Transfer case wants to get stuck in 4Hi. I replaced the 4x4 switch which seemed to fix some problems but yesterday the truck got stuck and wouldn't go into 4Lo or 2wd. I would hear a series of 4 clicks from the controller behind the dash, along with the sound of the encoder which would actuate the same as the clicks but nothing would happen. Eventually I got into a mode where both the 2wd and 4hi lights were on. When I started the truck back up again - it was in 2wd after about a dozen tries. The encoder motor is new and the transfer case is freshly rebuilt.

None of this was a problem before getting stuck.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the wiring at the encoder, unplug and clean, test for weak/loose connection.
What are you reading codes with? P1345 will cause lurch/surge/shifting issues as well as no start.
Factory manual troubleshooting very good- see tech links heading.
Report findings here, we are here to help.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the bottom of your truck, front to back, with a fine toothed comb. Lots of stuff on the underside of the truck (ground wires, electrical connectors, linkages tied to electronic controllers, etc) that could have been impacted by the tow out of the mud (If you needed to be towed out of the mud, then your truck body was sitting on the mud, plus any roots, rocks, and other items imbedded in the mud, and literally had to be slid over/through them to get out of the mud).

OP
OP
N

no cigar

Reaction score
Hey guys. Solved this one. Looks like it was a blown ENG-I fuse. Consulted the manual and wiring schematic led me to the fuse box under the hood. Sure enough it was popped. Replaced and everything is back to normal.