New carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncdrtyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got new carpet and leather seat replacements going in this week I hope! Got the Husky liners on order. Anyone replaced the carpet and seat covers in a Hoe before? How much of a pain is it? Seats shouldn't be too bad. Just need to find the hognose plires to do it with.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea it's time consuming but can be done, the carpet comes with a rough cut so you'll end up cutting it to fit. Just don't cut the carpet until you have fitted it around all the humps etc.

As for the leather seats, (assuming you're replacing with new leather covers) ..your hands will be sore..no gotchas other than you might have the same deal as I did on my NBS with the arm rests, they're held on with a clip inside the seat. You have to get at them by reaching up the backrest behind the leather.

B

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do a search. if im not mistaken, a member on here replaced his seats with katzkins and did a write up on it w/pics.. i cant member who it was tho. gl

OP
OP
ncdrtyhoe

ncdrtyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL TODAY IS THE BIG DAY. Wish me luck. Pics to follow after install.

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chris, do yourself a favor, when you put the carpet in, install all the bolts and leave them up just a little bit so you can locate the bolts easier. a lot easier than trying to locate the bolt holes with an ice pick like i did. just feel for them and then cut the holes out AFTER you get all the carpet put in. it's a pain, don't be afraid to cut, and don't start unless you have a couple days to mess with it.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do a search. if im not mistaken, a member on here replaced his seats with katzkins and did a write up on it w/pics.. i cant member who it was tho. gl

that was me

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can also use a heat gun to heat up the carpet backing once everything is laid down over the humps, lift the carpet up and warm the backing a little....then press it down over the humps and hold it. Right now with how cold it is, its the prime time to install carpet that way. You dont need much heat though, go ez just to get the carpet to shape. I'd go double jute if you ordered it.

b

OP
OP
ncdrtyhoe

ncdrtyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got the carpet in no problems at all. We left the bolts in and cut around them like Branndon said. Took about 4.5 hrs to do the carpet. We didn't get a chance to do the seats but that's on the list for next weekend. I will get some pics tomorrow after work.

OP
OP
ncdrtyhoe

ncdrtyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the pics in my album. This was the first time I that I have put carpet in. I think it turnned out pretty good myself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz