new battery equals no ac???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced my battery now my AC doesn't work. The driver side shoots HOT air and the passenger side shoots out cold. Even with the ac on or off the hot air still comes out. Does anyone heard of this and know the solution. A mechcanic told me it's some control module tha needs to be replaced

twbauer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Read my thread... I'm guessing you have the same type of problem. Initialization of climate control after vehicle power loss is detecting a bad actuator. It's probably not bad at all... see what I did to fix my issue....

Thread in the general discussions forum called "Blend door actuator or controller issue?"

jpbplb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this problem occasionally with my 05 Tahoe after battery disconnect. Here's what I did (and you can find similar solutions on the Internet). It doesn't happen too often, but it seems to work:

Set system to Auto
Put driver's side temp to 60°, pasenger's side temp to 90°
Turn system off, wait about 30 seconds or so
Set system to Auto
Put driver's side temp to 90°, passenger's side temo to 60°
Turn system off, wait about 30 seconds or so
Set system to Auto, push and hold Auto button until double arrow appears, indicating both sides will adjust witht he driver's side. Set temp to desired temp and see if both sides are at same temp. Problem should go away. You may have to repeat several times...at least it doesn't cost anything and you don't have to take anything apart.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SFDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It worked

I found the same steps as the one jpbplb post. And it worked! The dealer sounded a little upset when I told them these steps. They were ready to charge me for a new module. Thank you internet!!! For an unemployed guy I didn't have the $400 to fix this!

jpbplb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked for you. I know the last time it happened to me, I had to repeat it several times, but finally, it worked. Nothing better than free Internet help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65