New 2024 owner incoming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gatorintx

gatorintx

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, and if you don't mind me asking, what was the thought process that led to the decision to order a 24 vs an off the lot 23? I see a lot of members having delays on their 24 orders, but I see 23s sitting on my local GMC/Chevy/Caddy lots.

In the Camaro world I get the appeal, being that 24 is the last year model. Are there incentives to ordering a 24? I'm sure if the redesign comes in 25 it will come with a nice premium upcharge with it, so I could understand that aspect.
2 reasons. First, I wanted it built out the way I want it. I plan to keep it for awhile so I wanted to choose the color and options I want. Second, at least in my area, there are very few available on dealer lots. My salesman even pulled their current orders, and had only one Yukon XL AT4 coming down the pipeline that wasn't already earmarked for a customer.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 reasons. First, I wanted it built out the way I want it. I plan to keep it for awhile so I wanted to choose the color and options I want. Second, at least in my area, there are very few available on dealer lots. My salesman even pulled their current orders, and had only one Yukon XL AT4 coming down the pipeline that wasn't already earmarked for a customer.
That makes sense, and it looks like you've got it optioned out pretty well. I think I've seen maybe one AT4 XL driving around and I'm pretty sure it was from out of state. Living in a tourist area you see a lot of variety in traffic, especially in full size SUVs and luxury cars. I did the same thing back when I ordered my 2018 300S, I couldn't find anything within 250 miles that had the color and options I wanted. They had discontinued the SRT in 2016 but you could still get the appearance package they used in Australia. So I sat down at the dealer and spec'd it out how I wanted it. The extra cost vs waiting for an "in transit" one was worth it in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n