New 2024 owner incoming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gatorintx

gatorintx

Reaction score
I hear you on the RSE. Mine is a lifesaver (the kids' lives, that is lol) on road trips! The Wagoneer will definitely be more peppy, both the I6TT and 392 Hemi are a lot stronger than the 5.3 L83. The AT4 will be more off-road an tow capable, especially with that package, so it'll be interesting to see a comparison from a forum member first-hand.
I'll happily post a comparison once I get the Yukon. Our Wagoneer has the I6TT and it's definitely got some power. It has the tow package too, so 10k lbs towing capacity and 4WD. Only towed with it once, but it easily pulled a 6500 lb camper out of some somewhat sandy soil and towing was a breeze on the highway. Thought the Wagoneer would be our road trip vehicle when we ordered it with 2 kids, but once we found out about #3, the regular cargo area just won't cut it. Hence my need/want for an XL. I like the Wagoneer a lot although it has some quirks, and I really didn't want to put all of my eggs in one Jeep basket with two Wagoneers in the house lol. I'm excited to see how the Yukon compares once I can drive them both regularly. I'm sure it'll ride better with the longer wheelbase.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll happily post a comparison once I get the Yukon. Our Wagoneer has the I6TT and it's definitely got some power. It has the tow package too, so 10k lbs towing capacity and 4WD. Only towed with it once, but it easily pulled a 6500 lb camper out of some somewhat sandy soil and towing was a breeze on the highway. Thought the Wagoneer would be our road trip vehicle when we ordered it with 2 kids, but once we found out about #3, the regular cargo area just won't cut it. Hence my need/want for an XL. I like the Wagoneer a lot although it has some quirks, and I really didn't want to put all of my eggs in one Jeep basket with two Wagoneers in the house lol. I'm excited to see how the Yukon compares once I can drive them both regularly. I'm sure it'll ride better with the longer wheelbase.
I feel lake a fairer comparison to the Series III would be a Denali Ultimate, but aside from more power you can option just about all the Denali bells and whistles (like your RSE) into the AT4, so I'll be rooting for the GM lol

stevedonato

Reaction score
Just submitted my order for a 2024 Yukon XL AT4. My salesperson said it was the first 2024 order he had built out so far yet believes it should only be a 3 month wait since the Arlington plant wasn't shut down very long. Excited to join and I hope he's right that it's a quick turnaround!
What was the out the door price? If you care to share.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Wagoneer and test drove it, I liked it very much. However, I like my Yukon better. I like the styling and the interior better. You don't get the big motor unless you go with the Grand Wagoneer. The Grand Wagoneer pricing was way above the Yukon. We ended up with a Yukon Denali that was about $20k to $30k below what a Grand Wagoneer would have cost. It ended up making me feel better about spending so much money on a new vehicle. I think Wagoneer prices may have come down a little.

EdTom

Reaction score
Hey good morning all,
Thought I’d throw my two cents in on this current GM ordering process. I submitted an order for a 2024 Tahoe RST on 28 Sept. The order was accepted right away. I talked to someone in GM marketing and was told I was “priority” and the vehicle was scheduled for assembly 13 Nov. Talked to them yesterday and the build was pushed back to early Dec. Called my dealership and they told me I’m still in 3000 code status. I realize the strike may have thrown a wrench into things. Starting to wonder if I should’ve held out for the supposedly “refreshed “ 2025.

OP
OP
gatorintx

gatorintx

Reaction score
I looked at the Wagoneer and test drove it, I liked it very much. However, I like my Yukon better. I like the styling and the interior better. You don't get the big motor unless you go with the Grand Wagoneer. The Grand Wagoneer pricing was way above the Yukon. We ended up with a Yukon Denali that was about $20k to $30k below what a Grand Wagoneer would have cost. It ended up making me feel better about spending so much money on a new vehicle. I think Wagoneer prices may have come down a little.
The Grand Wagoneer is really more of a comp to the Escalade. I think the Wagoneer Series III is pretty comparable to a Yukon Denali, both in options and price. The Wagoneer I6 is rated at 420 hp, while the Yukon's 6.2 is rated at 420 hp also. The thing that gets me about the Wagoneer is that they made weird choices for an $80k+ vehicle. Did you know you can't get a Wagoneer with power folding mirrors? How insane is it to have a $90k vehicle that's huge, but the mirrors have to be manually folded? And the Wagoneer has the keyless entry touch lock/unlock feature on the door handles, but only on the front doors. Can't tell you how many times I've yanked on one of the rear door handles to get my kids loaded in, only to be cursing under my breath. The power folding mirrors and rear doors touch lock/unlock are only available on the Grand Wagoneer. Overall I really like our Wagoneer, but those are little things that just drive me nuts.

OP
OP
gatorintx

gatorintx

Reaction score
Hey good morning all,
Thought I’d throw my two cents in on this current GM ordering process. I submitted an order for a 2024 Tahoe RST on 28 Sept. The order was accepted right away. I talked to someone in GM marketing and was told I was “priority” and the vehicle was scheduled for assembly 13 Nov. Talked to them yesterday and the build was pushed back to early Dec. Called my dealership and they told me I’m still in 3000 code status. I realize the strike may have thrown a wrench into things. Starting to wonder if I should’ve held out for the supposedly “refreshed “ 2025.
Oof. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure mine will be in a similar boat. I would've waited for the 2025 if I had time to wait, but I need a 3 row vehicle now with baby #3 coming next month. My biggest fear is that 2024 is a short model run - they basically just build it for a few months and then release the refreshed 2025's in early 2024. I'll be a little disappointed if I get my Yukon in February, then they start building the new 2025s a couple months later. My salesperson said he hasn't heard any whispers about that happening. But I love the current styling so who knows if I'll actually like the new look anyway. I've come to peace with ordering a 2024, whatever may happen!

EdTom

Reaction score
Oof. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure mine will be in a similar boat. I would've waited for the 2025 if I had time to wait, but I need a 3 row vehicle now with baby #3 coming next month. My biggest fear is that 2024 is a short model run - they basically just build it for a few months and then release the refreshed 2025's in early 2024. I'll be a little disappointed if I get my Yukon in February, then they start building the new 2025s a couple months later. My salesperson said he hasn't heard any whispers about that happening. But I love the current styling so who knows if I'll actually like the new look anyway. I've come to peace with ordering a 2024, whatever may happen!
The sales guys seem to be the last to find out or know anything. I’m with you, love the current style. If the refreshed 25s ever come out and you like them better you can always trade your 24 and probably get close to what you paid for it in this market. Good luck to you

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, and if you don't mind me asking, what was the thought process that led to the decision to order a 24 vs an off the lot 23? I see a lot of members having delays on their 24 orders, but I see 23s sitting on my local GMC/Chevy/Caddy lots.

In the Camaro world I get the appeal, being that 24 is the last year model. Are there incentives to ordering a 24? I'm sure if the redesign comes in 25 it will come with a nice premium upcharge with it, so I could understand that aspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65