New 2018 Tahoe available with 6.2 V8 and 10 speed !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Available in the "Premier " trim level...you check off the "RST 6.2 L Performance Package" that gets you a 3.23 gear and 10 speed Automatic.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I was kinda bummed that the "Performance Package" is only available in the Premier, but the RST Appearance Package is available in the LT and Premier.

Seems strange to offer one without the other? I'm sure some would want a "stripper" RST with the performance package.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has to be some kind of internal political compromise between the Chevy and GMC/Cadillac divisions to keep from cannibalizing Yukon sales too much.

^ i suspect this
& the guy who announced the 6.2 in RST pkg stated no one would want a 6.2 in burb.
he is a fool & needs to be kicked in the ballz ;)

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ i suspect this
& the guy who announced the 6.2 in RST pkg stated no one would want a 6.2 in burb.
Obviously not true. I bet it's a phasing thing - wouldn't be surprised to see the 6.2 in the Suburban in the next or following model year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihtblzr