Need your input for design on new dash kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I would just be worried that it wont sit flush since it is like a sticker ?

OP
OP
C

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all goes as planned, since the aluminum will be thin, then stamped to fit all edges, should be a snug fit. I appreciate all the input and will let everyone know when I have the first few in hand with pictures and install.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think both will look good, depending on what a persons personal preference is and the over all theme of the interior.

Looking forward to seeing some install pics.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't one so bad I was thinking about it today while driving today when cani get my hands on one?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind either one, but the black is catching my interest since I have black interior. :D

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Id be interested in the black one as well. And I'm close to costa mesa so you could take pics!

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a black leather interior so black will make more sense. I hate the factory cheap looking imitation wood grain thats made of plastic. GM could have spent alittle more in the interior trim.

OP
OP
C

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the input. I am a die hard chevy guy and always hated the cheap wood grain look so that is why I am making this kit.

I am keeping a list of all you guys that have responded and will do a drawing as soon as I have the first few made and confirm that they are the highest quality I will give a few away to you guys.

I will keep you in the loop.

I appreciate all the help.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like it. id prefer the black way over the silver. it just reminds me of the OLD fbody camaros/firebirds w/ that cheap metalic looking dash. i think id prefer the silver if it were just smooth and no designs were there.

yea thats what i was thinking but i think i would like silver once i saw one installed... id be happy with either one i think but i would choose black probably.

you should let me get one since i came up with the wicked advertisement idea haha :D

Last edited:

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the aluminum cover the stainless steel around the air vents? If not, I think the spun aluminum against the SS might look a little goofy. The black SA may look good against the SS, though. I'm not a huge fan of the wood grain....but I'm apprehensive to try painting or an applique...because it usually looks ricey as hell....and I can't explain to you how against rice I am. :) Anyway, if fit/finish/quality/etc. are as good or better than factory, I would definitely rock the black SA....and maybe the raw SA as long as it doesn't look goofy against the SS around the air vents. :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdadair

Latest posts