Need some help guys, Im lost?? I need the Experts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So here's the deal I installed a K&N cold air system and everything was working fine for about 6 months and then out of no where I get code of
P0101 pops up. So I pull the K&N and Clean and re-oil it and install. Get the P0101 again and I got informed not to oil the K&N because it gets oil on the MAF causing the code. So I re-do all of this and it works fine for about a week and then I get a P0174 bank 1 running lean, and also I got P0171 once also. So my next move is to pull the MAF and clean it with Brake Cleaner and make sure its %100 dry before re-installation. If there is anybody out there who knows what I need to do to get these codes to leave me alone I would be in your debt for life. Thanks a ton guys in advance and I hope to hear from you soon.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's the deal I installed a K&N cold air system and everything was working fine for about 6 months and then out of no where I get code of
P0101 pops up. So I pull the K&N and Clean and re-oil it and install. Get the P0101 again and I got informed not to oil the K&N because it gets oil on the MAF causing the code. So I re-do all of this and it works fine for about a week and then I get a P0174 bank 1 running lean, and also I got P0171 once also. So my next move is to pull the MAF and clean it with Brake Cleaner and make sure its %100 dry before re-installation. If there is anybody out there who knows what I need to do to get these codes to leave me alone I would be in your debt for life. Thanks a ton guys in advance and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ya clean the MAF with brake cleaner, while you're at it clean the TB with TB cleaner :waytogo:

B

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with BOSS, get that MAF cleaned, you probably got filter oil on it. Doesn't hurt to clean the TB while you are in there as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia