Need rear shock recommendations for dropped Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
Any recommendation on a drop Shock for the rear of a lowered Tahoe? It’s currently sitting on a Belltech 2/4 drop (spindles and springs) with the front having the adjustable shocks set at zero and the rear has stock shocks with relocators. I did have the front shocks 1” lower and the belltech 2410FF rear shocks that are designed for 3-5 dropped tables but they felt like they gave no support and blew after a year of having them. I know I need to do the free travel mod and I do have helper bags but they are leaking and I haven’t had time to tear it back apart to see why.

The pictures show the difference in just swapping the rear shocks and a 1” difference in the front shocks

62B0BA7C-296D-4B0E-ABAC-E429C9F556F8.jpeg 42FA2969-377F-4C1E-AF73-7565B9334F8F.jpeg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation on a drop Shock for the rear of a lowered Tahoe? It’s currently sitting on a Belltech 2/4 drop (spindles and springs) with the front having the adjustable shocks set at zero and the rear has stock shocks with relocators. I did have the front shocks 1” lower and the belltech 2410FF rear shocks that are designed for 3-5 dropped tables but they felt like they gave no support and blew after a year of having them. I know I need to do the free travel mod and I do have helper bags but they are leaking and I haven’t had time to tear it back apart to see why.

The pictures show the difference in just swapping the rear shocks and a 1” difference in the front shocks

View attachment 220491 View attachment 220492

What do you mean the 2410FFs felt like they gave no support- was the ride really soft with them?

If swapping out the shocks lifted the rear an inch, then either you were and are still riding on bottomed-out shocks or they're functional Auto-level shocks and the air system has them up an inch.

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
The ride was soft and it bottomed out a fair amount. After running them for around a year the shocks were blown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts