Need Opinions on OEM Fender Flares on my truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
Okay need opinions. Yes or No? If I put them on I was going to flat black them.

Truck looks like this now:

picture.jpg

Here it is with the OEM fender flares mocked up:

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

So do it? or no?

OP
OP
oak510_tahoe

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
You should let me buy them.

maybe. however the fronts have been sanded and the rear have been painted gloss black.By the shop that removed them from the previous vehicle.

I say remove the door body molding & put the flares on.

I was thinking about that as well....

My main issue with them is the wheels. My wheels are OEM offset. So with the fender flares on they look sunk in.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
I'd say flares AND body side molding or neither. Personally I don't like the looks of one without the other, but that's me. To each his own. Given that you have black wheels (and black tires) if you add black fender flares I think its just going to look like you have huge black holes on the sides of your truck.

I notice you have TRP door handles and painted lift gate handle. What's up with that?

-B

OP
OP
oak510_tahoe

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
I'd say flares AND body side molding or neither. Personally I don't like the looks of one without the other, but that's me. To each his own. Given that you have black wheels (and black tires) if you add black fender flares I think its just going to look like you have huge black holes on the sides of your truck.

I notice you have TRP door handles and painted lift gate handle. What's up with that?

-B

I'm not sure about the door handles and paint lift gate handle, I noticed that as well. The truck was already like that when I got it, maybe it got rear ended before.

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with painting them white.

From a short distance (Side glance) the black fender flares look like you have bigger wheel wells, which make the tires look smaller. Just my opinion.

Poncherello

Reaction score
I had the fender flares on my 03 and 05 Tahoes. They were body color on both, personally I think that looks best. Perhaps paing the BSM and wheel flares body color. JMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
513Tahoe