Fender flares and wider tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heya!

Looks like rust on fenders is eventually going to win in a year or two at most, despite my efforts.
Thinking of buying fender flares and putting larger tires with smaller wheel size to offset the ugliness with flares and tires hiding size.

Anyone has any flares to recommend and maybe a pic or two of a good looking setup?
Got a 2inch lift in the front.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heya!

Looks like rust on fenders is eventually going to win in a year or two at most, despite my efforts.
Thinking of buying fender flares and putting larger tires with smaller wheel size to offset the ugliness with flares and tires hiding size.

Anyone has any flares to recommend and maybe a pic or two of a good looking setup?
Got a 2inch lift in the front.
I can't help with fender flares, but when I lived in the northeast I drove a Toyota Celica that had survived a decade in the salt when I bought it but was already rusty on all 4 wheel arches. I was able to keep the rust at bay for years by sanding down the rusty areas every other fall, treating it with rust converter on both sides, applying a light coat of filler to smooth it out, priming, painting, sanding and clear-coating the areas. Looked good enough that you couldn't tell from 10 feet away. It will be harder to get good results with a black vehicle, but probably wouldn't look any worse than fender flares on a Denali. :)

OP
OP
M

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help with fender flares, but when I lived in the northeast I drove a Toyota Celica that had survived a decade in the salt when I bought it but was already rusty on all 4 wheel arches. I was able to keep the rust at bay for years by sanding down the rusty areas every other fall, treating it with rust converter on both sides, applying a light coat of filler to smooth it out, priming, painting, sanding and clear-coating the areas. Looked good enough that you couldn't tell from 10 feet away. It will be harder to get good results with a black vehicle, but probably wouldn't look any worse than fender flares on a Denali. :)
Yeah might end up just doing that since I couldn’t find anything looking decent in fflares, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz