Need new carpet, need help choosing the color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1996 2 dr tahoe, interior color code is 13I, which is LT Smoke Gray.

any particular vendor to use? I contacted a few ebay sellers, gave them my color code and they pretty much all say to just choose the "Light Gray" option because they dont offer "GM spec RPO color codes" but i want to be sure its close to the original as possible

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used www.stockinteriors.com and ordered free samples first. You can't tell from pictures and nobody that I know of guarantees any matches to OEM numbers/ colors. Great product also. I recommend adding the mass backing option.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x 2 on Red Rocket's post. I hit him up for what he did and followed suit. If I'm correct, we both went with the Dark Grey option. My interior is Pewter, that way the back of the seats matched pretty close to the floor and I think he has carpeted kick panels. I also went with a Dark Grey for the my headliner.

Check out this link to my build thread to see some pics and write up from when I changed out my carpet and headliner at the same time. It will make a massive difference in the look and smell. Get the mass backing and a heavy duty pair of shears. That mass backing will laugh at regular scissors.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/fosscores-2006-tahoe-build-thread.65729/page-14

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome, ill get a sample or 2, they seem to be the most expensive compaired to 1AAuto and a few others

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome, ill get a sample or 2, they seem to be the most expensive compaired to 1AAuto and a few others
I don't think they're any more expensive, compare options and quality. They sell the cheaper type if you want I believe.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the darker gray, or even black. I think either would work. It's going on the floor board, so if you intend to use it, daily driver, using it on rainy days, or might even chance getting mud on the floor board (even if you have the Husky liners), just go with a darker carpet. If you're building it into a show vehicle, go as light as you want. I just know that I would prefer a darker carpet, to hide the stains.

itsagaas

Reaction score
Ditto on Red Rocket's post. I ordered the molded carpet in 2012 from Stock Interiors with the heavy backing. It fit great. Still looks really good almost 5 years later.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go with the darker gray, or even black. I think either would work. It's going on the floor board, so if you intend to use it, daily driver, using it on rainy days, or might even chance getting mud on the floor board (even if you have the Husky liners), just go with a darker carpet. If you're building it into a show vehicle, go as light as you want. I just know that I would prefer a darker carpet, to hide the stains.
One thing you have to keep in mind is there's carpet on the second row seats that fold down and in my case also on the sides of the console and bottoms of the front doors. If you go with something too dark it will contrast badly unless you recarpet it also. The seat backs look like that would be hard, it's sewn into the covers.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, very true. I wasn't thinking about those areas. If it weren't for that, then it wouldn't really matter if you went with a darker shade or color.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's too bad that original parts supplier for carpet is not available. Three to four years ago I wanted to replace my sun visors because they just don't hold up good. I did some searching and found the supplier in middle Tennessee for GM vehicles. I order a set for my HOE, both sides have the vanity mirror with lighting and all the OEM labels with correct part #. $150.00 delivered and I was very pleased, since I had seen some ebay ads for one (1) @ better than 50% of my new ones, plus they were USED. :2cents:
David g.......:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts