Need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey sup guys ..i need some help with my denali headlights..how can i pry them apart? thanx guys..

Truthfully, it's a pain in the ass slow process...for me anyway. From my personal experience, an oven doesn't work as everyone says it will to soften the glue. I had to use a heat gun very delicately and pry them apart with a big flat head. You might bend the plastic up a bit, but when you heat them back up to reinstall, just use the heat gun when you're finished and shape the plastic back into place.

B O S S

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Truthfully, it's a pain in the ass slow process...for me anyway. From my personal experience, an oven doesn't work as everyone says it will to soften the glue. I had to use a heat gun very delicately and pry them apart with a big flat head. You might bend the plastic up a bit, but when you heat them back up to reinstall, just use the heat gun when you're finished and shape the plastic back into place.

B O S S

quid pro quo

What offset do you have? :)

B O S S

OP
OP
whitedenalion26s
Reaction score
well bro i got the heat gun and i ended up breakin the plastic off the headlight when i sticked in the flat head ..its 2 hard to take them apart ...and what is the ? bout ..dont kno what ur askin bro <prolly to slow here > lol

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
In the past I have opened up headlights by removing all possible parts and baking them in the oven for 5-10 minutes to soften all of the sealants then working them apart using a flat head as delicately as possible. I did this on my old Mazda 6 with perfect success. I'll see if I can find the write up on that to see if it can help you.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Well I couldn't find the original thread I used but I found a similar article via Google. Not the Denali headlight but it gives you the general idea. http://www.jlevisw.com/Bake.pdf

OP
OP
whitedenalion26s
Reaction score
thanx man...well i just broke my drivers side headlight :-( this sux ..i should of just left them the way they were

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Boo... sorry for the bad luck man. If it's jacked up you could still try the baking method and turn it into a test headlight. Then you'll know if you want to attempt it again or not at least.

OP
OP
whitedenalion26s
Reaction score
ok ..well i had broken the drivers side headlight and well thanx god i had some super glue lol..which worked nice ..it broke in 3 pieces..but u cant really see the cracks inside the headlights..i opened them up the whole trim which is chrome of the headlight broke so i didnt care i kept on goin..resealed it with some grey silicone only thing i could find in my toolshed ..i took some pics and i just finished them which is 3:17 here in tx ..so now i m goin to get some sleep and i ll post pics 2morrow ..i m pleased with the outcome ..thanx for the help guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo