Need help w/part# for front coil springs on my 2011 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those OEM Z55 coil springs are no longer manufactured by GM (Why? Who the heck knows!). I just went through this, and I had a dealer check the dealer inventory nationwide. There were 8 OEM coil springs in dealer inventories nationwide, and only 1 dealer actually had 2 in stock. The dealer price plus the added freight to get them to me, made them a non-starter. I purchased the Moog coil springs at Rock Auto, and so far, they work fine.
How did you determine the Moog spring rates were correct? I'm going through the same issue with the z95 springs. Discontinued, but I don't want to order the wrong aftermarket ones either.

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s it- moog is one of the few aftermarket companies I’d use without hesitation

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note I ended up buying all the parts for a complete new coil over strut. With 130k on the clock (I’m original owner but still lot of miles) figured I’d go ahead and buy all new springs, strut mount, bumpers, insulators spring seat and hardware. Wasn’t too bad getting all parts but double check your oem strut mount and spring seat part #’s. The had the wrong spring seat part listed thru gm even with vin search.

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note I ended up buying all the parts for a complete new coil over strut. With 130k on the clock (I’m original owner but still lot of miles) figured I’d go ahead and buy all new springs, strut mount, bumpers, insulators spring seat and hardware. Wasn’t too bad getting all parts but double check your oem strut mount and spring seat part #’s. The had the wrong spring seat part listed thru gm even with vin search.

Yep, I discovered exactly that, finally found the right seats (without the ribs in the middle). Even the top nut is listed wrong via VIN search. It's too small.

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I discovered exactly that, finally found the right seats (without the ribs in the middle). Even the top nut is listed wrong via VIN search. It's too small.
Correct they list a m10-1.5” that’s the size that goes on strut mounts and below the top nut on some models.. lots of bad info I found during my process

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced all of the front suspension components as well, including the upper and lower control arms and ball joints. I figured that while I was into it, I might as well replace everything, and then I don't need to worry about it for the next 100k miles.

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting this as it may help someone

If your replacing the strut mounts and it’s GM part# 25940743 (I got mine on Amazon for 22.00 aftermarket part)

the correct and matching spring seat is part# 25940742 or 84061243 (same part)

I had multiple GM part suppliers try to tell me it was #15803177 which does not fit the above strut mount.

Also the correct top nut part# for my 2011 Yukon Denali (Z55 6ya,7ya) is
Gm part# 15815577

Hope that helps others!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know in about 6-12 months how the top strut mounts from Febest Parts work out.

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know in about 6-12 months how the top strut mounts from Febest Parts work out.
I don’t expect an issue based on inspection- stamped metal part correctly lines up with everything else. Worse case I pay 45 bucks for the ac delco version and flip it out.

If you have experience or something to share just be str8 up so others can hear as well and make their decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018