Need Help w/ discoloration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took my side moldings off awhile ago and thought i did a bang up job of it i posted this problem on exterior but no hits. the sides of my trucc that had the moldings are now turning yellowish was there something i was suppose to do after? and will it stop?

007fl

Reaction score
no reason it should turn yellow. try doing a good claybar on it, then wax it real well right after.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Subscribed !!

is there an update of this process ? Im gonna be doing mines this saturday and want to prepare myself for this

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the BSMs off my Vette after 3 years. Granted, the car is garage-kept, but it HAD been out in the sun and whatnot. Anyway, I had very faint "ghost lines" (darker areas under them) once removed. I used Goo-Gone on the area, washed thoroughly, polished with Zaino, and left the car in direct sunlight for a week or so. After that week or so, the darker area disappeared.

Not sure if we're talking about the same look under these BSMs or not. Have some pics, NF?

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i havent been on long. other things on my minds (signing up for the army) but i took the moldings off myself i used the goo-gone & scraper it looked fine the day they all came off and i had her washed and polished but as the days went on i notice it start turning a lil yellow not noticable by walking by but if you get up on her to see the job i done you see the discoloration like i stated earlier few weeks ago imma post pic's tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadawson74