Need Help! Upgrading Performance 2015 PPV 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Citi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello!

I am totally new to this forum but it seemed like the place to turn to get some input.

I am looking for input on the best/most cost effective performance upgrade I could do to a 2015 4x4 PPV.

I am totally new to this sort of thing but want to maximize performance and budget is fairly open. I know cold air, headers, exhaust, are all going to help; what brand would one suggest?

1. K&N Cold Air Intake #60-3082
2. GIBSON PERFORMANCE HEADER, STAINLESS #GP137S
3. GIBSON CAT-BACK DUAL EXTREME EXHAUST SYSTEM, STAINLESS #65668
4. Airaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 200-543

Any changes or additions?

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good start but before you make any of those changes consider buying a Tuner and optimizing what you have to have a solid base line. The Tuner will also help you dial in any future changes you make.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the TB spacer. If you really wanted to increase air flow look at the FAST TB. I don't know if they have one for the direct injection engines yet. I had one on my Silverado and after tuning and with the same type of exhaust you have listed it moved some air... Was it a huge increase, no but it did help with the cam. And ^^What he said^^

LGSONE

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the TB spacer. If you really wanted to increase air flow look at the FAST TB. I don't know if they have one for the direct injection engines yet. I had one on my Silverado and after tuning and with the same type of exhaust you have listed it moved some air... Was it a huge increase, no but it did help with the cam. And ^^What he said^^

LGSONE
How was the Gibson exhaust? I've read mixed reviews. But the idea of true duals appeals to me. I also can't find many youtube audio clips for the Gibson.

To OP (Citi), why gibson vs Corsa?

And Citi, you can "pin" the rear exhaust valve for a couple quick ponies and a little better sound. Quick + cheap + easy.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By same type I meant headers (Eldebrock), y pipe and high flow cats (flowmaster) exhaust (Magnaflow). So not any specific Gibson experience. Problem I had was finding vendor's who built the stuff, just like now with the 2015 Tahoe aftermarket. That truck was built for a turbo and flipping the passenger side header allowed for a near perfect mounting point for the turbo housing.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get a good tune on it first. If that don't satisfy your itch ....... Magnacharger TVS supercharger , headers and a Corsa exhaust. That should put a smile on your face.

Best of luck !

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yea it will. Grin from ear to ear and stoplight to stoplight to traffic court... ;)

LGSONE

OP
OP
C

Citi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Recommended tuner? Hypertech?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CincyZ71