NEED HELP PLEASE! Power Seat - Driver's side not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TronPlayer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 255088 The drivers side powered seat is not working on my 2005 Tahoe. By not working I mean no movement for either the direction switch or the lumbar switch. However, the memory mode selection switch 1 - 2 does work and the seat changes position between the two. Also, the heater works. The passenger seat works fine. I've already replaced the switch, checked the fuses, and cleaned the contacts on the control module under the seat. What could it be?

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The drivers side powered seat is not working on my 2005 Tahoe. By not working I mean no movement for either the direction switch or the lumbar switch. However, the memory mode selection switch 1 - 2 does work and the seat changes position between the two. Also, the heater works. The passenger seat works fine. I've already replaced the switch, checked the fuses, and cleaned the contacts on the control module under the seat. What could it be?

Might be a bad switch, or the wiring to those switches is bad. Just guessing though. At the very least, you should probably eyeball it.

OP
OP
T

TronPlayer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've made some progress. The image attached shows that if I run a jumper between these to points the seat works. The main harness orange wire carries 12.4 volts, but the orange wire voltage is only 11.5 at the switch. Any insight on what the problem may be?

jumper4.jpg

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are halfway there. Keep going in that direction, but quit jumpering power before you find problem. You already knew motor works. Test each pin in each switch position. Then test pins when memory reset. You are trying to decide if its the switch or BCM not allowing seat to move. Figure it out. I doubt both have failed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900