Need help! NO SPARK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
liquify33

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated Update:

Repaired ground wire terminal, scrubbed contacts and no spark.
Replaced crankshaft position sensor, fired up like a dream.

Im about to take a victory lap around the block and check it all out.

Ran for about 20 minutes with occasional throttling and tested heating and controls and monitored gauges.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Glad it is all good. It's always nice to feel confident in your Tahoe when you turn the key. Trust me, I have been on the other end of it just like you were.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like to give a big thank you to
@PNW VietVet @exp500 @bigfootchiro

Your advice and recommendations were spot on every time I had a new development. I probably threw too many new parts in at once for a novice and definitely failed at protecting the old ones.
Thank you all again!

We’ve all been there! Everyone on here helped me greatly with my issues, so only best to return the favor!

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may need the TechII Tool to set timing.

You do not need a Tech2 to set timing. All you need is a scanner that reads live data, and has the ability to read CMP Retard. You rev up to 1000-1500 RPM, check reading, turn distributor accordingly (clockwise to advance timing, counterclockwise to retard timing (please correct me if I’m wrong guys)), recheck and set within -2 to +2 degrees.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Unless times have changed I remember it being just the opposite for the advance or retard of timing, when turning the distributor.

OP
OP
liquify33

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No timing issues, no codes. Aftermarket distributor made it pretty easy with TDC confirmation.

Point brass tab at the mark in the corner and done.

I have HPtuners for codes and data but I can’t find where the proper camshaft retard sensor CMP reading is. Im sure it’s there but I don’t know how to use the software.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless times have changed I remember it being just the opposite for the advance or retard of timing, when turning the distributor.

That very well could be. I can’t remember

No timing issues, no codes. Aftermarket distributor made it pretty easy with TDC confirmation.

Point brass tab at the mark in the corner and done.

I have HPtuners for codes and data but I can’t find where the proper camshaft retard sensor CMP reading is. Im sure it’s there but I don’t know how to use the software.

There should be a user manual online

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Again, my reasoning is that I remember that the rotor spins clockwise and to turn the distributor counter clockwise, against the spin direction of the rotor, is advancing the timing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu