NEED HELP! Lowered 02 Yuk. Has an unsettling sway.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcnoskyimages

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long post. Thanks to anyone that can help.

02 Yukon. Currently has "2 Beltech spindles, Ground force rear springs (do not know specs. They were a friends. Assuming "3 drop, stock front and rear shocks (air), shocks extensions. No rear bump stops. Front bump stops / one has more there than the other. need replacing.

ISSUE: @ slow and hwy speeds it has a strange top heavy wiggle. It use to be dangerous to drive faster than 60mph.

Found out that the beltech (POS!) shock had blown after being on the truck a few weeks. Putting the stock air shocks on seem to raise the rear up an control the ride better. Before the spindles, attempted to lower the front by turning the TB's (w/o keys) Installed spindles and adjusted TB's to desired hight then aligned. After everything listed, What could cause the issue I am having. Not wanting to really purchase anything unless I have to.

My theories,

-Swaybars are not in correct position and under tension. Are there link kits to fix with out buying new bars?
-TB's are not in correct position. Only thing I can think of to fix that is to find a stock one and match the screw depth

It's my wife's truck so not looking to do anything radical, Just wanted to give it a nice stance with out loosing comfortability. Hasn't worked out so far. Thanx for the advice.

-

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
speaking from experience, my truck used to have a little "body wiggle" until i replaced all shocks then got rid of it , sort of. but wasnt as bad as when i had the stocks on

OP
OP
M

mcnoskyimages

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried replacing the shocks with beltech's Nitro Drop 2's and they were toast after 1 month. Like I said, the ride got better after putting the stock shocks back on. From what I have heard, they outsource the manufacturing of the shocks and the quality control isn't there.

Is there another shock that anyone recommends? Bilsteins? Always had luck with those.

? When using spindles does anyone touch the TB's I am wondering since they were messed with before the spindles that they are not in there correct position?

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Anyone know where to get product info on Ground Force springs. I have a part #. Maybe the springs are wrong.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yah nitro 2s are not the greatest. THe new street peformance brand is much better and ive done many of them.

I would honestly look into the belltech front/rear swaybars it will help a lot and many of my older customers this is the first mod i do for their trucks and they are very happy with it.

If you have any questions feel free to hollar anytime im around 24/7.

BTW where did you get the shocks from there is a 1 year warranty on them.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah Belltech Notro shocks have prcved to be nasty.

Get a sticky shock like the Bilstein 5125 installed and you will be more than satisfied.

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
x2 on the belltech street performance shocks. im getting my swaybars on the ride tomorrow so i'll let u know how those go...

OP
OP
M

mcnoskyimages

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the DFW area that would be willing to meet up and experience what is going on with my truck?

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

i just think that its one of those things you can't explain and have to experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12