Need help ID'ing GM cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought this off of a guy loose and he said it was an LT4 Hot Cam. Come to find it looks nothing like the ones I'm seeing online (yellow paint, last 4 of part no. on end, longer dowel pin). I have 2 pics of some ID markings and was wondering who might have seen these before. Summit tells me the "1 08" is the production month a year.

Other numbers on it are 1264 7113

G9WudgZ.jpg

and 10797
tvkiDmc.jpg

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a guy at NastyZ28.com that had a cam with one of those "bar codes" on the end, it's a proprietary format GM uses but he was able to scan the picture from his tool and was able to determine exactly what it was. I can post up over there and see if that guy pops up. There is another member from here on that board too, forget who it was ...

OP
OP
N

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh cool that would be great! If you could link me to it that would be awesome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FTWayner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please try and get a better shot with the code square to the camera. Also, wipe off any grime from the code it self and around the code.
I rebuilt the code based what it looks like in the above picture, but it is still undecipherable.
It has the correct index and clock marks and is 16x16 code, and I tried used 2 independent systems here to verify it unsuccessfully
With a better picture I will have better luck.

Jeff

OP
OP
N

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have one later today. Thanks a million sir!

OP
OP
N

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I took one that looks a little better. If this doesn't work I can grab a better camera. Thanks!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364866416359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364866416359.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 14

FTWayner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
None of my equipment can decode that data matrix as it is not of standard characters.
I decoded it manually, converting the zones to binary then to base 16, then to ascii.

its an 8 digit code that US keyboards cant type all of the letters of.
I can give you the 8 digit code spelled out. the first character is

1. "Start of Heading" which leads me to believe its an internal proprietary code used by the manufacturer who more than likely converts the symbols in the code to more conventional characters that only they know
2. "Latin capital letter O with acute"
3. "Latin small letter a with grave"
4. "Feminine ordinal indicator"
5. "Registered trade mark sign"
6. "Latin small letter a with grave"
7. "Device Control 1" Which further leads me to believe that it is a special in-house code.
8. "Latin small letter n with tilde"

Thats what that barcode says. I have 0 doubt.
Unfortunately that does not mean crap to you or I as far what kind of cam that is.

Sorry I couldn't help you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700