need help identifying/naming rear frame part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might see if VehCor on youtube is willing to do a frame swap. Might cost a penny, but if the body, engine, interior, are worth it..

He has done it before on his own projects, maybe he can do it..

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To make this relevant to this sub-forum: “How are your lifters???” “Mine,” might I share: “Pretty f’ed up’!”

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but can you name the “correct section”. I thought!”general” would apply. my bad

You posted in the 2021+ general section. He wasn't talking about the "general" section as much as the year, since it's a different frame. I moved it to the proper year and put it in the "exterior" section as it has to do with the exterior of the vehicle.

OP
OP
T

TMAN9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a wrap up:

1st. Sorry I posted in the incorrect forum, and thank for moving my thread to the correct forum/sub forum.

2nd. $250’worth of
Parts (new, Moog upper and lower control arms, new bolts and nuts, from the GM parts store), AND some steel plates (8 to be exact), and voila ………. A fixed Tahoe. I dare say my Tahoe rear end is STRONGER than factory. Of course a lot of sweat equity.

Here’s a photo of the same side of the truck that was in the previous (cracked) photo on this thread. I took it just now (at night). Overall, I’m a happy camper. It pays to know a good welder.

Attachments

• 95780CA4-CCB5-49BE-A2AA-13AC1988E9E3.jpeg
    95780CA4-CCB5-49BE-A2AA-13AC1988E9E3.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 9

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a wrap up:

1st. Sorry I posted in the incorrect forum, and thank for moving my thread to the correct forum/sub forum.

2nd. $250’worth of
Parts (new, Moog upper and lower control arms, new bolts and nuts, from the GM parts store), AND some steel plates (8 to be exact), and voila ………. A fixed Tahoe. I dare say my Tahoe rear end is STRONGER than factory. Of course a lot of sweat equity.

Here’s a photo of the same side of the truck that was in the previous (cracked) photo on this thread. I took it just now (at night). Overall, I’m a happy camper. It pays to know a good welder.
That’s awesome, glad you got it fixed!

DBacon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just discovered this thread. Did the same with my 2007 Yukon. Son-in-Law donated it to me, and it had broken completely. He still drove it from repair shop to repair shop, no one wanted the job. Says it drove OK, just had this "clunk" sound. The rear end is still attached by three trailing arms, so it didn't change much.
My Son is the Senior Welding Engineer at a well-known prototype automotive plant in SE Mich, and I agree "It pays to know a good welder". He did just the driver's side, and used heavy plates also. I still don't have the tank back in, heavy rust on all the fittings causing difficulties, but I am sure it will last a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts