Need help guys...ckunk sound when coming to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archtoker420

Reaction score
Ok guys I noticed recently when im coming to a stop usually slowly i hear a loud clunk sound. Seems towards the rear end. I dont feel anything in the brake pedal and it doesnt do it everytime. It is a pretty loud sound. It stops fine and stuff. Just a little concerned since its my daily/family car. Any ideas on where to start??

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
Ok guys I noticed recently when im coming to a stop usually slowly i hear a loud clunk sound. Seems towards the rear end. I dont feel anything in the brake pedal and it doesnt do it everytime. It is a pretty loud sound. It stops fine and stuff. Just a little concerned since its my daily/family car. Any ideas on where to start??
Ok so maybe not there rear sounds more like front right. Coukd it be my brake pads sliding up and down or something??

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a wild guess, but check your sway bar end links to determine if any are broken. If so, pretty sure you'd hear a clunk now and then, as the sway bar would be moving freely and occasionally making contact with other metal.

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
Just a wild guess, but check your sway bar end links to determine if any are broken. If so, pretty sure you'd hear a clunk now and then, as the sway bar would be moving freely and occasionally making contact with other metal.
Ill check it out, my wife just called and let me know that now when she stops it acts like the front right brakes get stuck and makes a rough vibrate before getting back to normal. Cant catch a break

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Have you done any brake work lately? When I changed out my pads, I had to replace one of my caliper pins. Didn't do the other side. It would catch on the side I hadn't done. Don't remember if I heard any clunks but it did mess with braking for a bit.

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
Have you done any brake work lately? When I changed out my pads, I had to replace one of my caliper pins. Didn't do the other side. It would catch on the side I hadn't done. Don't remember if I heard any clunks but it did mess with braking for a bit.
I had my rotors and pads replaced like a year ago. And its worked fine till recently. I did check my passenger side the other day and the corner of my pad was broke off

trevcda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking suspension. Maybe failed shocks shifting. I'd have a good looks at my shocks, springs and shackles.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had my rotors and pads replaced like a year ago. And its worked fine till recently. I did check my passenger side the other day and the corner of my pad was broke off

Clunk or not, it sounds like the brakes might need some attention.

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
Took it to a shop after replacing my passenger caliper and no fix. My rear end is going out. Guy quoted me 1500 to 2000 to replace it

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
And he told me 7 1/2 hours labor to do it. That doesnt sound right to me. A rear end replacement shoukdnt take that ling right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos