Need help. Adding subs to my system.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngelsTrojans

Reaction score
Hello to all.
Today I'm adding two 12" subs to my factory system.
I have an 04 Tahoe LT with the Bose System.
Is there anything I need to know before I start taking panels off and lifting carpet?
I've read In other posts about doing something with the factory sub wire.
Can anyone help pls?
I'm a noob when it comes to this type of project.
I like trying to do things on my own. Gives me satisfaction.

Thanks all for your input.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just take your time and dont force anything to move

OP
OP
AngelsTrojans

AngelsTrojans

Reaction score
anyone have a picture of where to... cut or inline? at the amp
and also where to for the amp to power and stay on after ignition is off and until the door opens.
Yes it has a Bose System and factory deck.

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
well i cant tell you what wire exactly it is but in order to keep the amp on after you turn the key off you have to tap into a wire thats called RAP which is retained accessory power and basically you would use that wire as your remote turn on lead so the amp will stay on until the door is opened. if you aren't on too tight of a budget id say a deck and harness wouldn't be too much more expensive and you could just make things easier by eliminating Bose altogether

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
you can use the 25 amp windsheild wiper fuse as amp turn on. it is an acc lead. you will need to connect your loc at the sub wiring under the cupholder. colors can be found here http://www.crutchfield.com/support/faq.html select veh spec support then y,m,m. there is a giant rubber grommet above relay center on d side firewall to run power wire through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15