NEED HELP ! 2008 Tahoe LTZ electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beamer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My good friend has a 2008 Tahoe LTZ that has exhibited electrical problems several times and his wife is stranded at home. He has replaced the battery and had it to the dealership several times.

Right now, there are no interior lights, nothing happens with the key in the ignition. No lights were left on or anything that can be seen. While she was looking at it this morning and we were on the phone with her, she heard clicking inside the door panels with her doing nothing at all. I suspect a possible grounding problem.

8-12 months ago, he found a broke motor mount on the driver side. He replaced the motor mount and very shortly after that, the electrical problems began. He asked the dealership to look at the ground cables and they saw nothing wrong with them. They had the truck for 10-12 days and put some 500+ miles on it and they said they could find nothing wrong, after they reset all the codes. It ran better for a while after the codes were reset, but has acted up with power issues a couple times that the dealer could not find the cause, stating that it was intermittent.

What I have found searching this problem is what I suspect, ground issues. We both think a cable was damaged when the motor mount broke and the dealer either did not recognize the damage or did not inspect it at all.

We are 500 miles away and need help to prepare to have the correct parts when we get back at the end of the week. Can I ask for help determining what parts we may need to start ordering to replace on Sunday. He thinks there may be a cable that is very detail made with several connections through the truck. Not seeing the vehicle yet, I don't know.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated ! ! !

Mike

yerpderp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a tsb about cables or terminals being sub-par. My 09 freaks every now and then...I'll wiggle my negative cable and it sets everything straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts