Need help 15 Tahoe fan stay on after turning it off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javier Hernandez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a 2015 Tahoe the electric fans stay on after I cut the truck off. I changed out the thermostat and the temp sensor, but I can’t figure out the problem, now the heater blows cold air and the air blows hot air I’m lost please need help TIA

Masonson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a 2015 Tahoe the electric fans stay on after I cut the truck off. I changed out the thermostat and the temp sensor, but I can’t figure out the problem, now the heater blows cold air and the air blows hot air I’m lost please need help TIA

My wife just got home from work and she's having this exact issue for the first time.

2015 Yukon Denali, Coolant temp is pegged at 160, 45 degrees outside, trans temp is not hot either.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Masonson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I disconnected the battery, let it sit for 20 min.

Reconnected battery and started the truck up, coolant temp came up from 160 and the fan did not come on. Im thinking the coolant temp sensor had a freakout and the electric fans just fail-safe turned on. We'll see.

OP
OP
Javier Hernandez

Javier Hernandez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Reconnected battery and started the truck up, coolant temp came up from 160 and the fan did not come on. Im thinking the coolant temp sensor had a freakout and the electric fans just fail-safe turned on. We'll see.

I did the same thing I disconnected the battery and the temp went up to normal and the fans worked the way they should but it started again and I don’t know what it could be

Masonson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the same thing I disconnected the battery and the temp went up to normal and the fans worked the way they should but it started again and I don’t know what it could be
Have you found anything out? I replaced the coolant temp sensor, it worked for a couple months but started again.

sb38646

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you found anything out? I replaced the coolant temp sensor, it worked for a couple months but started again.
Same replaced sensor but still the problem persists. Still resetting battery when it occurs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505