Need everyone's opinion on this 2005 Suburban 2500-Thanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVS11560

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thinking about getting this to tow a travel trailer. He has all copies of shop receipts and work done and will be sending me a walk around video tonight. Is a full float rear axle. Receipts said has a leaking rear main seal but he said was not replaced because "is not leaking that bad".

Please post opinions asap, if you could.
I had a 2004 Suburban with the 8.1 Liter. Great motor. With over 180k miles and the fact the guys trailered so much, I would worry about the transmission. It's not cheap to replace.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think good call to keep the 05 Z71. You already know what you have and like it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. We have talked about renting an RV and drive it to see how we like it. I really dont want to tow much with the Tahoe, so if do a trailer, will rent a tow vehicle too.

Understood. I tow a bit with mine and without issues. It's just myself and a small dog, and sometimes one other person, so a 17 to 21 foot camper is easy and it has what we need. I don't think much of (motorized) RVs since once you get somewhere you don't have something to run around with.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think good call to keep the 05 Z71. You already know what you have and like it.
Just to be clear, I was never gonna get rid of my 05 Z71. The tow rig would have been just that, a dedicated tow rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan