Need buying advice for shock absorbers and help for stop rubbers Tahoe 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello to all my friends from this forum.

I am driving a Tahoe 2007 LTZ here in Germany and have already converted the shock absorbers from Air Ride to Monroe standard. But this was already done by the previous owner before my purchase. Well, I've seen some videos where other drivers of a Tahoe have converted to Bilstein 5100. I have a caravan and have the feeling that I would like to install something better shock absorbers. So thought I buy Bilstein.

What do you think about the Bilstein, can you recommend it to me or are there any other products that are even better. I want to exchange front and rear them.

Also, I need your knowledge, because on the rear axle at the top of the frame are round stop rubbers. These are defective and must be replaced. Unfortunately, I do not know how they are called in English and do not even find them at Rock Auto. Can someone please tell me how they are called in your US and possibly even call me a number (OEM aftermarket).

Thank you for all your help. Greetings from Germany Markus

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Mama : Perfect. Just what I was looking for. These bump stops just prevent the opening of the ache at the back. The TÜV in Germany said that I have to change this. Because these rubbers are totally old and broken. Thanks again

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Mama : I wanted to ask you for help. I would like to change the shock absorbers in front as well. Now I have seen that all the rubber, spring plate and components on the shock are very old. I would like to order and exchange all necessary parts. As I have already written I often miss the technical terms. Do you have a page where I can see all the components and then select them or order from the OEM number at Rock Auto Than. That would help me so much. Thank you very much

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on how you want to move forward. You can get a complete front spring/strut assembly with or without auto ride. If you have auto ride make sure the one you buy says it’s for that. You can buy the parts separately as well. Just look under suspension parts on Rock Auto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low