Need a little help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

piranah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 99 Hoe LS with 133k on it. I love the truck. Couple issues though.

1. The keyless entry does not work. I have done the reprogramming and changed the remote battery but still cant get it to work.

2. I can not get the dome light to come on with the drivers door open. All other doors work.

3. Rear barn doors wont lock. I think its the actuator from my research. Can anybody confirm?

Sorry if there are threads already, but I have searched and cant find answers.

Thanks in advance

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. Should just have to replace the door switch

3. The actuator probably needs replacement. My '99 has a lazy actuator that only locks the back doors 1/2 the time.

OP
OP
P

piranah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no ideas on the keyless entry? could it be the receiver in the truck?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 99 Hoe LS with 133k on it. I love the truck. Couple issues though.

1. The keyless entry does not work. I have done the reprogramming and changed the remote battery but still cant get it to work.

2. I can not get the dome light to come on with the drivers door open. All other doors work.

3. Rear barn doors wont lock. I think its the actuator from my research. Can anybody confirm?

Sorry if there are threads already, but I have searched and cant find answers.

Thanks in advance

1. Although you mentioned that you changed batt and re-programmed, just to confirm did you hear the doors lock/unlock cycle to confirm the keyfob has been reprogrammed? The cycle occurs to let you know the reprogramming worked ok?

2. Might be the door switch itself. Mine went bad and had to be replaced. I think it was ~$15. I can't remember where it came from though. It was a couple of years back. I would have said dome override switch, but you mentioned the other doors work ok.

3. I don't have barn doors, sorry can't help ya.

OP
OP
P

piranah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i had replaced the battery in the remote. called a service department and they said the fob itself is probably dead, as the sensor in the car hardly goes bad. so now im gonna wait and see if i can find a fob for less than 50 bucks....smh

the door switch is like 5 or 6 bucks, might head to Advance to see if they can get one cheaper.

edit: yes i did hear the doors cycle through the locks.

OP
OP
P

piranah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the solenoid is bad on the rear door.

got the driver door issue fixed...popped the dash off and it wasnt connected to the switch

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the solenoid is bad on the rear door.

got the driver door issue fixed...popped the dash off and it wasnt connected to the switch

Good to hear that 2/3 of your problems have been resolved!
I wonder why the plug fell off?
How'd it go with a replacement keyfob?

OP
OP
P

piranah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
still looking for a fob...personally dont believe it should be more than 15 bucks...let alone 50.

i think the prev owner might have unplugged it...unlikely that it just "fell out"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo