Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pappy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got questions on Navigation on a Tahoe 2015. Is it me or what but this seems to be crappy. Need information on how to set up route guidelines for better directions.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Are you looking for something that is not discussed in the owners manual, maybe how to set up navigation for certain perimeters? Do you have an example?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The operation of many navigation units follows an industry standard. My Nav unit works the same as the newest Chryslers and Kias.

OP
OP
P

pappy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Are you looking for something that is not discussed in the owners manual, maybe how to set up navigation for certain perimeters? Do you have an example?
In a recent trip my nav took me off the main freeways and on 2 lane roads. I had the system set up to use all roads. What is best to use shortest routes or quickies routes?

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM navigation units are worthless, IMHO. You are much better off using Google maps with your smartphone. Easier to use, much better data base, real-time traffic status, and no need for expensive annual updates.

I look forward to the day when we dont have to buy the over priced and underperforming navigation systems. Just give me a docking station for my phone, and I'll be all set. Most smartphones already have Google maps, Pandora, hands free texting, email, and phone service. Why pay for it again when buying a vehicle????

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM navigation units are worthless, IMHO. You are much better off using Google maps with your smartphone. Easier to use, much better data base, real-time traffic status, and no need for expensive annual updates.

Mine has real time traffic updates. Pay $12 a year to Sirius/XM for it. The map update does have me wondering how to keep it current though. Someone's got to make one or figure a way to adapt another.

JoeMiner67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had my 2015 Yukon Denali for about three months now. The nav system has NEVER worked right. I have tried fastest and shortest routing with no improvement. The shortest way out of my subdivision (it is 30 years old and surely in the database) is four blocks with three turns. I have tried several times to use the nav system from my house and it never picks that route. I get a nice tour of my subdivision, always more than 8 blocks long. Tried using the nav system to guide me home. It worked OK (it was less than a five mile route) but on entering the subdivision it turned me into the subdivision correctly and turned me at the first turn correctly. That street is only one block long and then only turns to the left. The nav system told me to continue 3/4 mile then turn right. That would have been through one of my neighbors house and the two subdivisions behind him. I have become convinced I will never use this system at night or anywhere I am not familiar with...don't want to end up in some lake.

I have been able to configure an Amazon Fire Stick to work with the OnStar hot spot and mirror my phone on the screen. Sitting in my driveway and playing with it, everything worked really well. Then I decided to test it on getting me out of the subdivision and when it dropped it into DRIVE, the screen went blank. Forgot about the Vehicle In Motion lockout. My phone still mirrored on the overhead screen, but I haven't figured out how to drive from the back seat and I will not pay the expensive cost to work around this issue.

If I had bought this vehicle new at that price point, I would have demanded the dealer fix it or go get a unit out of a Honda, they work.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I look forward to the day when we dont have to buy the over priced and underperforming navigation systems. Just give me a docking station for my phone, and I'll be all set. Most smartphones already have Google maps, Pandora, hands free texting, email, and phone service. Why pay for it again when buying a vehicle????

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I never use built in nav. Clunkfest.

Even apple maps is better via CarPlay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709

Latest posts