Navi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosson03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm taking a trip to Florida soon, and wonder how to update my navi I know it's south lol and there's always construction coming and don't want to use my phone the entire trip
2007 Denali here, reason y I ask the navi can't even find my house! Lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm taking a trip to Florida soon, and wonder how to update my navi I know it's south lol and there's always construction coming and don't want to use my phone the entire trip
on the oem 2007 unit, probably have to replace the nav disc with a more recent one, probably ebay is going to be your best bet

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The last update for the older Pre-2012 navigation units was 2016. Better than 2007 but getting out of date. Someone has got to make an update or a crack to use another disc but I have not discovered it yet.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last update for the older Pre-2012 navigation units was 2016. Better than 2007 but getting out of date. Someone has got to make an update or a crack to use another disc but I have not discovered it yet.

For about the same cost of a new disc, I would get a Garmin. Unlike a disc, you can get updates. A good alternative to using your phone.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/669167

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For about the same cost of a new disc, I would get a Garmin. Unlike a disc, you can get updates. A good alternative to using your phone.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/669167

That's really cool. I'm a stickler for working with the OEM, would like to figure a way to keep the stock nav unit up to date. Anyone know what kind of software it runs?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's really cool. I'm a stickler for working with the OEM, would like to figure a way to keep the stock nav unit up to date. Anyone know what kind of software it runs?

I like OEM as well. That being said, I had been on the same quest as you since 2009 and this was the most value added solution I could find. It all started when my ‘07 kept having to go into “off-road” mode due to numerous new bi-passes in HWY 30 in eastern and central Iowa. I was so glad when they went away from the NAV DVD.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like OEM as well. That being said, I had been on the same quest as you since 2009 and this was the most value added solution I could find. It all started when my ‘07 kept having to go into “off-road” mode due to numerous new bi-passes in HWY 30 in eastern and central Iowa. I was so glad when they went away from the NAV DVD.

Well, at one time I figured to upgrade to the 2012 system, it is supposed to be hard drive based as it does not have a flip up screen like ours for the Nav Disc, are those still upgradeable to current year?

Since my phone is now mounted in a cup-holder mount, I sometimes use Waze with it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, at one time I figured to upgrade to the 2012 system, it is supposed to be hard drive based as it does not have a flip up screen like ours for the Nav Disc, are those still upgradeable to current year?

I think so. Just upgraded to a 2013 at the beginning of last month. Haven’t nailed that down though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm6t