Nav without bose(yes...again...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so i looked around a little more and decided i am going to do what it takes to make the stock nav work(and work well) on my 07 tahoe without bose. i know that without an amp the output will be very very low and so is it possible to add an aftermarket amp or would i have to see if there was a way to get the bose amp? i already have an amp powering 2 12" subs and all new door speakers throughout the truck. anyone have any ideas???

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
will that up the chimes and OnStar outputs as well? and if so, keep them at reasonable levels?

I know there's and adjustment on the lineout converter, I assume it will boost the chimes too. I have an after market radio, with a wiring harness that keeps all the features. But manypeople have used a line out converters to keep their stock radio and run a aftermarket amp, or the other option is get a sound processor which is like a line out converter.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_5753SIXTY2/Rockford-Fosgate-3SIXTY-2.html?tp=428

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_168450/Sound-Processors.html?tp=428

h161EPICEPW-O.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found a bose amp from an 08 escalade. would that work in adding a factory nav? where are they usually installed and what is required for an install? how difficult is it? what does this amp run to?? what else would i need after this? i have the amp, the nav system, the disc, the antenna, the nav wiring harness. what else? this is turning out to be a huge project :(

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
The amp used in the Escalade is a completely different animal from that used in the Tahoe; different size, different connectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chavez_212