Nav system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened to the old easy to use Nav system?
Not impressed with Google Maybe when I get used to it
Anyone have tips?

OP
OP
Bigbird

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a trip using voice command worked great
Tried another one but had the wrong street
Now I can't find out how to delete it
Can anyone help?

Tom-M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have tips?
It took me a while to get used to the new system too but it actually works quite well and will even show speed traps on route. The easiest way I have found to save "favorites" is to put them into Google maps on your phone. When the phone connects, they magically show up as favorites on the GPS.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have tips?
To the maximum extent possible I have deleted all things Google from my vehicle. Simply use Apple CarPlay. If time is important to you, the Waze navigation system is the best. After that, the Apple navigation system is next. DEAD LAST, IS GOOGLE MAPS.

NELLY1947

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you don't have voice command?
I have a 23 Yukon Denali and I've been having problems with the GPS using it directly on the screen and via my android. 1 out of 10 times the phone won't hook up or the GPS thinks I'm 2000 miles away or not hook up. Hit the ONSTAR button and get someone in technical linking. I spoke to Jennifer today and she literally had me redo the phone and car settings where no one would take the time. After 45 minutes I finally works great.
Also she removed permission for the dealer to see my truck via wifi. Appairently this part of the program can cause hiccups.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 23 Yukon Denali and I've been having problems with the GPS using it directly on the screen and via my android. 1 out of 10 times the phone won't hook up or the GPS thinks I'm 2000 miles away or not hook up. Hit the ONSTAR button and get someone in technical linking. I spoke to Jennifer today and she literally had me redo the phone and car settings where no one would take the time. After 45 minutes I finally works great.
Also she removed permission for the dealer to see my truck via wifi. Appairently this part of the program can cause hiccups.
Good info

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been having issues with my 24 Tahoe‘s google maps too. The system has crashed 3x in three months. Lost gps signal causing the maps to freeze. On Star gm tech had to help me through a process of clearing memory and doing what equals a Control/alt/delete to the system. The system has shown me places that I’m not. It’s like the car can’t find itself.
Yesterday the car arrow icon disappeared from the map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts