nav question in new head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So I didn't really pay attention when I bought my kenwood ddx719 DD headunit. So I get it installed and start playing with it and realize that there is no nav functions. I start looking at the manual and googling, and find out that it is only nav compatible with Iphones. You have to download the garmin app and use it through the Iphone.

Well, I don't have an Iphone nor do I ever want one. Do you think there is any way around this to get the nav to work? I have a droid 4 which has a mini hdmi and is capable of mirroring the functions. If I download the garmin app on my droid 4, do you think if I had a mini hdmi to a/v (red and yellow) that this might work? I really don't want to return this because of my stupidity or buy a damn Iphone.......or I can just live with it and use google maps on my phone. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So that was too lengthy, heres a summary. Is there a way around the external nav source? I don't want a iphone 4, which is what it requires to use the nav (I have to download the garmin app and use it that way), is there a way to get my droid 4 to be compatible with this? Is there a cord that can make this happen?

Another question: I bought the PAC-OS4 and installed it, and thought that it would override the DVD function w/ the ebrake having to be on. I tried to watch a dvd and test it since I had to drive to philly yesterday and it would not play dvds unless the ebrake was on. Is there a switch on the module that I need to flip or is there another module that I need to buy in order to get it to work w/out the ebrake?

Last edited:

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
nav on cars is so LOL (even though i have it on both of mine, lol).

the android google maps navigation is so superior its not even close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts